This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maydayjayjay

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. If you are nor a great test taker, why do you believe you can be successful in med school? This is a serious question an AD com might ask. It's not uncommon for students who participate in EAP programs to flounder the first semester of med school. Notice, I didn't say all. Most EAP programs have relatively modest college performance metrics as you described. There is no pressure to study for the mcat and earn a competitive score. Once a newly minted 1st yr med student, they are thrown into a group of students who did earn the higher GPA and mcat scores. Now if you are confident you can compete with these students via an EAP, then go for it. From what you stated earlier, I would give it some serious thought. Talk to counselors and your family. I hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Op deleted their post. It seemed I might have scared them. I think they had like a 3.6 GPA and a 24 ACT, which was a little low. I think that is around 70th percentile. Gotta demonstrate you can handle the rigors of med school to get in. Academically and mentally.

Op deleted their post. It seemed I might have scared them. I think they had like a 3.6 GPA and a 24 ACT, which was a little low. I think that is around 70th percentile. Gotta demonstrate you can handle the rigors of med school to get in. Academically and mentally.
Thank you for replying. What is your opinion on GPA and SAT that would be considered good for LECOM EAP program?
LECOM EAP required at least 3.5 GPA and at least 26 on ACT.

Last edited:
If someone is not comfortable scoring on MCAT, how will they go through heavy Science oriented med school classes? I don't mean to offend anyone, but kind of wondering. Getting into med school is one thing but going through med school classes is something else.

Thank you for replying. What is your opinion on GPA and SAT that would be considered good for LECOM EAP program?
LECOM EAP required at least 3.5 GPA and at least 26 on ACT.
I'm a senior in the LECOM EAP program awaiting my campus decision to matriculate in fall '23. I was accepted into the program with a 1250 SAT and 3.8 cgpa.

I'm a senior in the LECOM EAP program awaiting my campus decision to matriculate in fall '23. I was accepted into the program with a 1250 SAT and 3.8 cgpa.
Got it. Thank you for replying! So you applied while in college, correct?

Yes, I applied sophomore year at my affiliate. Although I’ve heard they have been rejecting great candidates recently. One of my good friends is a year below me and applied with a 31 ACT and 3.6 cgpa and he was rejected after his interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I applied sophomore year at my affiliate. Although I’ve heard they have been rejecting great candidates recently. One of my good friends is a year below me and applied with a 31 ACT and 3.6 cgpa and he was rejected after his interview.
wow... that's crazy! you are indeed one luckyguy lol (as your nickname suggests)

Some EAP programs are reconsidering their requirements. A significant number of students find the competition and rigors of medical school excessive as they haven't strongly competed in college and taking the MCAT. I think LECOMSs are a little too generous for EAP. Many other programs require SATs or ACTs in the 99%centile. I'm guessing there are interview criteria that prevented Lucky's friend from not being admitted.

Some EAP programs are reconsidering their requirements. A significant number of students find the competition and rigors of medical school excessive as they haven't strongly competed in college and taking the MCAT. I think LECOMSs are a little too generous for EAP. Many other programs require SATs or ACTs in the 99%centile. I'm guessing there are interview criteria that prevented Lucky's friend from not being admitted.
Sounds like it...

Strange thing actually. Admissions for EAP said the vast majority of students who made it to the interview section were pretty much guaranteed a seat. He also already knew the interview questions and had time to prepare.

During my interview, I thought I completely botched it. The first question I was extremely nervous because I was not use to the format and had bad anxiety. I ended up crafting an extremely poor 1st answer paired with nervous mumbling. The very next question I took the time to calm myself down and change my tone. I immediately apologized for my previous answers quality, explained why I was anxious and I told them I was ready to nail the rest of the interview. I ended up getting a seat.

Kelly, I want you to know you are more than your scores. Admissions won’t consider your score the most important factor if you give them something better.

Strange thing actually. Admissions for EAP said the vast majority of students who made it to the interview section were pretty much guaranteed a seat. He also already knew the interview questions and had time to prepare.

During my interview, I thought I completely botched it. The first question I was extremely nervous because I was not use to the format and had bad anxiety. I ended up crafting an extremely poor 1st answer paired with nervous mumbling. The very next question I took the time to calm myself down and change my tone. I immediately apologized for my previous answers quality, explained why I was anxious and I told them I was ready to nail the rest of the interview. I ended up getting a seat.

Kelly, I want you to know you are more than your scores. Admissions won’t consider your score the most important factor if you give them something better.
Thank you for sharing your experience! Good luck in MS next year!

My D applied on December and got information session on April 14, 2023. That is only date she got. She email Dustin Cassel for earlier date as we heard that LECOM make decisions in March. Is it too late? What is their deadline for interview?
Any advice?

Thanks
qumruz88

My D applied on December and got information session on April 14, 2023. That is only date she got. She email Dustin Cassel for earlier date as we heard that LECOM make decisions in March. Is it too late? What is their deadline for interview?
Any advice?

Thanks
qumruz88
The deadline to interview is end of May.

Thanks! Does her chance go down for late interview date? Any thoughts! Or selection of interview give some kind confirmation to be accepted!

Thanks! Does her chance go down for late interview date? Any thoughts! Or selection of interview give some kind confirmation to be accepted!
I honestly do not think the late interview matters. Does your daughter have good stats?

I am sure what is good stats? She has decent stats!
If she has decent stats (not barely passed the LECOM EAP cut-off requirements) and medically related ECs then I think she should be fine. The deadline for this cycle is 05/31.

She has 3.92 unweighted 4.57 weighted gpa and 1410 on SAT and some of the ECs not that much! Just worried little bit. Whether she go to BSMD program at U of Toledo or Seton Hall! They just give guaranteed interviews!

She has 3.92 unweighted 4.57 weighted gpa and 1410 on SAT and some of the ECs not that much! Just worried little bit. Whether she go to BSMD program at U of Toledo or Seton Hall! They just give guaranteed interviews!
I think those stats are solid for LECOM EAP. Good luck to your daughter!

Is LECOM EAP only for highschool seniors? or could a sophomore in undergrad apply who does not go to an affiliate school?

Is LECOM EAP only for highschool seniors? or could a sophomore in undergrad apply who does not go to an affiliate school?
It is for high school seniors, college freshmen and college sophomores. If your school is not an affiliate and you are willing to transfer, then maybe be in touch with LECOM admissions to find out the details.