Eastern Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone receive an e-mail from Eastern Washington for an open house/interview on March 3rd? Did everyone get this or is it strictly invitation only? I'm sort of confused because I have yet to pay my fees and submit supplemental information.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you submit your application, people have been getting emails that they information has been received and they are planning to have an interview/open house on March 3rd. Not everyone is invited to the interview. Did your email strictly talk about the interview and ask for a reply?

Did anyone receive an e-mail from Eastern Washington for an open house/interview on March 3rd? Did everyone get this or is it strictly invitation only? I'm sort of confused because I have yet to pay my fees and submit supplemental information.

yes it did. I have to reply by feb 27th. to let them know if I am going to the interview/open house. If I can't make it, they said phone interviews can be arranged. So does this mean I am one of the lucky ones that got offered an interview?? It just threw me off guard because I was NOT expecting anything from EWU

Members don't see this ad :)
yes it did. I have to reply by feb 27th. to let them know if I am going to the interview/open house. If I can't make it, they said phone interviews can be arranged. So does this mean I am one of the lucky ones that got offered an interview?? It just threw me off guard because I was NOT expecting anything from EWU

Congrats! That is exciting! Yes, you got an interview! :) Good luck to you. Hopefully I will get an invite soon! :xf:

wow. thanks! I'm still taking it in and still a bit confused haha. I hope you hear good news as well!

overall GPA - 3.2
GRE - 900
I dont know my last 60 or 90 credits, but I'm guessing around a 3.7 GPA
Not very appealing at all, but I have TONS of healthcare experience and working with different populations of people

Hi All, I am a current EWU OT student. I went through this whole process last year, I do not envy you one bit, it was hard! I am volunteering at the interview so I received an email today saying approximately 130 people will be interviewing. That is only about 30 more than last year and there were a lot more applicants this year. Not everyone received and interview invite, so while it doesn't mean you are in (yet), you are one step closer. Also heard that the average gpa is lower this year which may be good for anyone worrying about their gpa and other stats. If anyone is in Spokane and would like to talk about interview day or the program in general, let me know!

I received an interview invite, already confirmed. Trying to plan a trip over there! What are the interview like? Since it's 130 people, I'm going to guess they are group interviews...

I received an interview invite, already confirmed. Trying to plan a trip over there! What are the interview like? Since it's 130 people, I'm going to guess they are group interviews...

When did you receive your invite?

Hi All, I am a current EWU OT student. I went through this whole process last year, I do not envy you one bit, it was hard! I am volunteering at the interview so I received an email today saying approximately 130 people will be interviewing. That is only about 30 more than last year and there were a lot more applicants this year. Not everyone received and interview invite, so while it doesn't mean you are in (yet), you are one step closer. Also heard that the average gpa is lower this year which may be good for anyone worrying about their gpa and other stats. If anyone is in Spokane and would like to talk about interview day or the program in general, let me know!
OTFuture,

Thank you so much for this, it is extremely kind of you! My biggest question right now has to do with the interview. I noticed in the tentative schedule of events that there is only 45 minutes scheduled for interviews. Does that mean it's going to be group interviews or will it be possible that it could be a "round robin" (you know, kind of like speed dating!) sort of thing? I'm trying to prepare myself for all scenarios but I also don't want to drive myself crazy!! Thanks again!

I think I read that it was a group interview on the EWU website. Unfotunately I wont be able to attend the open house/interview. I am going to have to set up a phone interview...

I received my interview invite via email in the Evening: Monday Feb. 13th. (Third week of Feb.) Honestly I thought I wasn't invited to an interview because Carrie had originally said interview invites would be sent out the second week of Feb. But I guess technically the 13th is still 2 weeks in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my invite via e-mail as well. Nothing was sent in my snail mail about it. My interview invite too was on the 13th of Feb.

Yes, they are group interviews. You will have one faculty member, one current OT student, and 4-5 interviewees. Different groups did different things. My group was 5 questions, everyone answered each question. A different group was five questions but each person only answered one question.

Could you tell us what we can expect during the activity that is scheduled?

I don't know what the activity is this year. Last year we had 4 people to a table. Together we had to plan our own therapy clinic with a theme and make a poster as if we were presenting to a board to get a grant. Student volunteers watched us and took notes. At the end we had to stand up and present our poster to the rest of the interviewees.

Did anyone ask how long it would be when we will hear back?

did they mention how many people were in attendance at the open house interview?

I heard a figure of 94 interviews. I don't know if that means 94 total or 94 at the open house.

I heard a figure of 94 interviews. I don't know if that means 94 total or 94 at the open house.

I don't know how many they had total. I know there was phone interviews last week up until Friday. So most likely they'll start to make decisions sometime this week. Do you know how many spots are available?

I got a Thank You letter from EWU for attending the interview, but my heart seriously dropped when I got such a small envelope from EWU. *Phew*

I got a Thank You letter from EWU for attending the interview, but my heart seriously dropped when I got such a small envelope from EWU. *Phew*

They send them out every year. I got one last year. Usually we hear back 2-3 weeks after the interview by mail. I heard back last year before Spring quarter started there.

Haha... I'm sorry, puppies! I just imagine them sleeping and being awoken by the sad trombone.

Rejected via email yesterday afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Has anyone received wait-list/alternate email yet?

Well it's almost the end of the month (finally), we'll hear soon. It's a good thing we haven't gotten a rejection email.

Sorry Frootloops :( Do you have a backup?

I didn't get in too. And I got wait-listed last year :(

I did get into St. Augustine in San Marcos, so don't get me wrong... I am happy to have one school. I just really liked the cirriculum and environment at EWU. Oh well, I want to be where I am wanted, and I am sure there is reason I am going to St. Augustine because life is funny and we end up where we are supposed to be anyways.

Also, I hope OTMAGH had a back up as well or will try to re-apply. It took me two years and I am happy this is over now.

Just received an email inviting me to Eastern's interview day/open house on March 2! I'm excited!

EWU sent me the invite too, via email. It sounds exciting although I am nervous of course!

I also received an email for the interview March 2nd. I am so excited and nervous!