Easy Journal to get Published

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlaza252

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can use some SERIOUS help:

I'm an IM PGY-2 and I have a decent case study that I've written and I'm having trouble getting it published. It's been denied from JCO and Thoracic Lung Cancer (the manuscript script is on a case of PRES presenting w/ a DVT in a pt taking Avastin).

I'm trying to get it published ANYWHERE --- does anyone know a few easier journals to get a case report published??? The "sketchy" ones I've come across this far actually charge a fee for publication......... too weird.

thanks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can use some SERIOUS help:

I'm an IM PGY-2 and I have a decent case study that I've written and I'm having trouble getting it published. It's been denied from JCO and Thoracic Lung Cancer (the manuscript script is on a case of PRES presenting w/ a DVT in a pt taking Avastin).

I'm trying to get it published ANYWHERE --- does anyone know a few easier journals to get a case report published??? The "sketchy" ones I've come across this far actually charge a fee for publication......... too weird.

thanks!!!!!

Publication fees (or so-called page charges) are more or less the standard outside of the tip-top journals, and even then you're going to be paying some sort of fee for figures. There was a recent similar question in the cardiology forum and I found a bunch of options at that time that I posted over there.

A quick look at some of those shows the fee to be in the $200-300 range for most of them (although I just saw that the Journal of Hematology and Oncology charges almost $2K.

But you're not getting this published in JCO or anything of that caliber. Time to bust out the Visa card.

Depending on length and whether solid or heme, british journal of heme or leukemia lymphoma myeloma oreven ajm may be worth checking out?.. I found this helpful as well... http://impactfactor.weebly.com/

Members don't see this ad :)
Depending on the journal, It may be possible to waive the fee by claiming that you and your PI are very short of funds. I know of quite a few friends who have done this.

It sounds like your case can be presented in either a medicine journal or even neurology journal that welcome case reports. I wouldn't limit it to only heme onc journals. A publication is a publication if its a respectable peer reviewed journal. I think there are options outside of paying out of pocket although the request to waive the publication fee is a good idea. The journals you mentioned are high impact journals and typically don't accept case reports in abundance.

Most journals are cutting back from accepting case reports due to rising costs. Look into AJCO, I think they do.