Easy Neuroscience/Neurology Research Topic Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweet Orange Juice

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm currently a second-year-medical student that has an interest in Neurology residency. I'm currently having a problem in selecting research topic for my undergraduate research. I basically don't know what I want to research. Since I'm only 20, I would prefer something that is easy if that is okay. Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

In my country, you can directly enter medical school after high school if your test score is high enough, pass interview, etc

Step 1. Find a mentor who does neuroscience research at your local institution
Step 2. Review this person's research before you meet with them
Step 3. Talk to this mentor about available resources and projects they might need done within their area of expertise
Step 4. Build a relationship with this mentor
Step 5. Suggest a new project that builds on the lab's existing work
Step 6. Execute this research, publish results

Each of these steps is easy. You can't do neuroscience research at 20 years old without a mentor, even if all you're doing is a meta-analysis or a systematic review. Don't make the mistake of trying to be self-sufficient when there are people out their with the desire and expertise to help you.

Alternatively, you could clarify the role of lymphocyte-specific alpha-4 integrin in mouse model monofilament-induced cerebral infarction. That needs to get done, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for information. I'm really grateful for the help. I'm still one year from officially doing my research but my faculty dean told us that we should think a topic early. I'll keep a note of what you wrote.

I just recently find a journal about alpha4 Integrin and stroke. It seems that a Neurology Department from a German university has already done that recently on June. But, I can still repeat the research right?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24743435

Never mind my last question. I have just consulted with my seniors about this.

Yeah, there's evidence on either side. And a human trial already ongoing. I was mostly being facetious.

Also, rodents have a4 integrins on their neutrophils as well, so the translation to human biology is trickier.