eClinicalWorks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJPAIN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone using eClinicalWorks? I'm really disappointed in AllMeds after 9 years. They are not keeping up with functionality and concentrating all their efforts on Meaningful Use.

Members don't see this ad.

Good EMR system. Not pain specific and it does have small glitches, but overall good

Feel free to PM with questions

Started using eCW recently. It takes quite a bit of time to make it what you want it to be. I still have a ton of templates to make. Everything requires multiple clicks too which slows even the most basic of office visits.

Members don't see this ad :)
Careful how you click. Careful cut and paste. I have seen patients have several deficits and surgeries that was clicked passed and ignored on ecw. Doc looked like a *****. Try and make each note a useful clinical encounter to tell us what is wrong, what you found, and what your plan is. You can die tomorrow and I should pick up your chart and know how to proceed. Most current notes don't reflect this in many of the EMR systems out there.

I get to see them all.

VAMC and Kaiser are most painful to read.

Last edited:
Careful how you click. Careful cut ans paste. I have seen patients have several deficits and surgeries that was clicked padt on ecw. Do looked like a *****. Trycand make each note a useful clinical encounter to tell us what is wrong what you found and what your plan is. You can die tomorrow and I should pick up your chart and know how to proceed. Most current notes domt reflect this.
Please be careful how you tiyplk.

I mean typqoxnd...

...I mean, t y p e.

Good EMR system. Not pain specific and it does have small glitches, but overall good

Feel free to PM with questions
Is there a pain specific EMR? AllMeds has a pain version and was good in its day but got left in the dust.

Is there a pain specific EMR? AllMeds has a pain version and was good in its day but got left in the dust.
Not sure I see different emr guys at various pain conf but I stopped looking

I think at this point it's important to be aligned with a larger company because I'm not sure how long smaller comp can survive as there are constant regulations. Eclinical will be around

I thought ecw was like Epic and more geared to large integrated systems with pcpcs and everyone else. But I've never used it so I don't know... I did call them to ask about their clearinghouse. Was a bit pricey for my blood but at least they picked up the phone and they are an actual company with a reputation.

I heard that practice fusion directly emailed patients from doctors practices to sell their wares.

In my personal opinion,

Epic >eCW > Allscripts>meditech