Economics Class!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamburger90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Always very grateful for all your tips and opinions! Here goes one that i hope someone can guide me thru... Do you guys suggest an economics class even though i am a chemistry major and it has nothing to do with my major? Most schools suggest an economics class; i would like to know what you guys think about taking one...
Thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

Take it ( I am biased though, I'm an economics major).

Members don't see this ad :)
take princ of microeconomics, it would be more relevant to dentistry.

take princ of microeconomics, it would be more relevant to dentistry.

I highly rec economics for everyone. Personally, though, I found macro to be much more useful in understanding the most important "big picture" issues like taxes, unemployment, interest rates, etc....basically: All the stuff that is going on in Washington right now.

Micro is more relevant to business specifics like cost analysis, profits, monopolies, etc... It's helpful, but I think that the macro perspective is the more important, of the two.

Definitely take Principles of Microeconomics. It was one of my favorite classes. Like Bing, I'm also an Economics major. The material isn't particularly hard, and (to me at least) it was very easy to follow and made sense.

Hey everyone!

Always very grateful for all your tips and opinions! Here goes one that i hope someone can guide me thru... Do you guys suggest an economics class even though i am a chemistry major and it has nothing to do with my major? Most schools suggest an economics class; i would like to know what you guys think about taking one...
Thank you all

As an Economics major, I really enjoyed Microeconomics, especially Intermediate Microeconomics. Macroeconomics is just as interesting because that's what newspaper revolve around, like the business section.

Take whatever you want/interests you!!! Not what you think dental schools look for or some bs like that. Who said chem majors can't take econ classes? If you only took chem courses as a chem major that would be majorly boring for you, but also really one-dimensional to adcoms.