Edible glitter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I moderate over in the pain forums and am scheduled Friday for my 3 year colonoscopy.
Hoping to brighten the day of my GI doc and was wondering if edible glitter (maybe a teaspoon) would ruin the scope?
It will be our third scope together and I see him regularly in my office (as a colleague) as we have a GI ASC down the hall from my procedure suite.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

According to a google search:

What is edible glitter made out of?

Common ingredients in edible glitter or dust include sugar, acacia (gum arabic), maltodextrin, cornstarch, and color additives specifically approved for food use, including mica-based pearlescent pigments and FD&C colors such as FD&C Blue No. 1. Most edible glitters and dusts also state “edible” on the label
If correct, it all will get digested in your small intestine. There will be nothing left.

And if you screw up your colonoscopy, that's going to make everyone upset.

So I wouldn't try to do anything like this.

Reactions: 1 user
It would be funny, unless If the prep is suboptimal, just don't buy yourself a sooner repeat exam because of it. Would go with sharpie message written on the buttocks or note tucked in instead

Members don't see this ad :)
No glitter. But in 3 years I will be ready.

IMG_4236.png