Efficient way to organize interview invites by date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoc911

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting owned here organizing TY+Rads interviews in a nice neat format. I accidentally scheduled an interview today on a date that I had another interview, and had to call back and apologize.
Anyone have an suggestions/examples/pics on how to do it efficiently in excel/word/google docs?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I found that entering an interview date/location into my iphone's calendar worked just fine. Then whenever I got an email with an interview invitation, I would just quickly check my phone to see if I had an opening.

Laugh at me if you want, but I printed out blank calendars for my interview months, and write in all my interviews as they come, and color code them according to specialty (TY, IM, and PMR). Haven't double-booked by accident but I agree, trying to schedule all of this is tough...and that's without having booked many flights or hotels yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly I found that entering an interview date/location into my iphone's calendar worked just fine. Then whenever I got an email with an interview invitation, I would just quickly check my phone to see if I had an opening.

This is exactly what I'm doing and it's working out just fine!

Laugh at me if you want, but I printed out blank calendars for my interview months, and write in all my interviews as they come, and color code them according to specialty (TY, IM, and PMR). Haven't double-booked by accident but I agree, trying to schedule all of this is tough...and that's without having booked many flights or hotels yet
I used a combo of that and google calendar.

You need to make sure to block out appropriate travel time as well.

Safely navigated 30 total interviews without a travel blunder.

:thumbup:

It's especially easy to have something printed out vs on the phone because when you make those phone calls back to PC to schedule a date, you have your calender in front of you instead of trying to talk and look on the calender on your phone at the same time.

I would later then input it into whatever google, iphone, apple calendar you have after.

I'm getting owned here organizing TY+Rads interviews in a nice neat format. I accidentally scheduled an interview today on a date that I had another interview, and had to call back and apologize.
Anyone have an suggestions/examples/pics on how to do it efficiently in excel/word/google docs?

I used Google Spreadsheets and a few formulas.

Set up a grid of every program I applied to, category, interview status, and interview date (if offered).

I then had automatically generated lists of interviews by interview date, color coded by category (using conditional colors, FILTER, SORT functions).

Once I had all the programs added, wasn't hard to update the spreadsheet from my smartphone.

I used Google Spreadsheets and a few formulas.

Set up a grid of every program I applied to, category, interview status, and interview date (if offered).

I then had automatically generated lists of interviews by interview date, color coded by category (using conditional colors, FILTER, SORT functions).

Once I had all the programs added, wasn't hard to update the spreadsheet from my smartphone.

^This, although I didn't do the conditional colors and I just used Excel since I have my laptop everywhere with me.

^This, although I didn't do the conditional colors and I just used Excel since I have my laptop everywhere with me.

Google spreadsheets is actually better than Excel at this point unless you use Macros (even then really).

I scheduled a few in the middle of other interviews, so laptop could not be handy.