Ek 1001 Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissMary

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do the 1001 books just contain questions on each topic? or are the questions set up in the passage format (like the actual test)? Would anyone recommend these books? I have a ton of Kaplan stuff, but i was thinking about buying some more EK stuff as well. I already purchased the verbal 101 passages, which i think will definitely be helpful.

any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

MissMary said:
Do the 1001 books just contain questions on each topic? or are the questions set up in the passage format (like the actual test)? Would anyone recommend these books? I have a ton of Kaplan stuff, but i was thinking about buying some more EK stuff as well. I already purchased the verbal 101 passages, which i think will definitely be helpful.

any thoughts??

I only found verbal 101 helpful, the other ones were good if you felt uncomfortable with the material and you want extra review, but since they aren't set up in passage format (except the bio book!) they weren't too useful. I could've given the bio book alot more usage (hardly used it) but I still managed a 13 on that section, so it really didn't matter.

MissMary said:

any thoughts??

I like the 1001 books in chem and physics to be able to go through the problems to be able to do the calculations quickly. It helps me to learn the formulas and apply them. If you don't think you need that review, then just stick to the Verbal and Bio books.