Ek 1001

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swoopNhoops

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been answered but I wanted to ask everyone how they use their EK 1001 books. Do you guys read the particular lecture in the EK book then do the problems in the 1001 right after? Or do you save the EK 1001 book until the end, after you have reviewed all your concepts, and just work from begining to end? Also how many of the 1001 questions do you all do, all of them or do ever other one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if this has been answered but I wanted to ask everyone how they use their EK 1001 books. Do you guys read the particular lecture in the EK book then do the problems in the 1001 right after? Or do you save the EK 1001 book until the end, after you have reviewed all your concepts, and just work from begining to end? Also how many of the 1001 questions do you all do, all of them or do ever other one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

After having the content down, I started to finish off the kaplan section tests and topical tests. In between, I would do ek1001. I finished approx. 40% of each of the 4 sciences books. It's tough to do them all and it's not necessary to do ALL 1001 questions. I randomly picked different sets to do to get the full exposure. I believe that ek1001 is a great tool to test your content knowledge with their discrete questions. After being able to answer these questions, you are better prepared with your fundamentals. As for the actual MCAT, full-length simulation is your best bet. With ek1001 subject mastery, the full-lengths are easier to tackle.

I do them at the end of the week in which I went over the material like the EK schedule says to do. I do every 3rd Q or passage unless I didn't meet my goal on the In-class exam or I feel like I need work on that topic... then I do all of the questions in the section.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys find the physics to be especially difficult? maybe it's just because I have a poor grasp on physics but just curious!

It was hard when I went through 1001, but I had VERY limited physics knowledge (what i'd taught myself in the 2 months prior). I'm doing NOVA Physics this time.. it's great :thumbup:

It was hard when I went through 1001, but I had VERY limited physics knowledge (what i'd taught myself in the 2 months prior). I'm doing NOVA Physics this time.. it's great :thumbup:

but after doing NOVA, EK is still hard? That was my feeling, so does that mean I suck at it or Nova is easier than EK