EK 101 reliability...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centillion

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going through these passages now and am feeling pretty confident reading through each passage and answering the questions, but I average about 2~ wrong on each passage which is crazy relative to my normal scores of about 12~ on the AAMC practice tests. It seems like the questions I get wrong are super nitty gritty like... a passage being entirely about the views of one man and then the question being really vague about asking whether to evaluate the attitudes/views of the one man or of some more general awareness/understanding.

Does anyone else feel like EK 101 just has unnecessary trick questions that aren't very representative of the real MCAT? I did TPRH and was doing much better on those passages and felt they were more similar to the real thing...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going through these passages now and am feeling pretty confident reading through each passage and answering the questions, but I average about 2~ wrong on each passage which is crazy relative to my normal scores of about 12~ on the AAMC practice tests. It seems like the questions I get wrong are super nitty gritty like... a passage being entirely about the views of one man and then the question being really vague about asking whether to evaluate the attitudes/views of the one man or of some more general awareness/understanding.

Does anyone else feel like EK 101 just has unnecessary trick questions that aren't very representative of the real MCAT? I did TPRH and was doing much better on those passages and felt they were more similar to the real thing...
i do well on ek101 and poorly on tprh lol

Last edited: