EK 2015 30 minute in-text exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hospitalized

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide some feedback regarding these? I just took my first one. I went through the lecture on Saturday, took a day off, and took the 30-minute exam today (psychology 1). I'm just booting up my MCAT studying for the exam this June. This was my first test and I scored a 128/132, or that's how they are scaling it (18/23). Should I be waiting to take these exams until a bit later to better assess my memory? I feel this score is too high for where I am at. I was purely basing my timing off the EK schedule which recommends waiting about 2-3 days.

My only studying prior to this has been MCAT QOTD type stuff on multiple websites for about the last 6 months, and intermittently some Khan Academy stuff. I took psychology and sociology my freshman year.

I'm generally just asking for some feedback about people who have taken the tests, how they've scored, and how these exams align with the actual exam. Aside from the obvious component of length, it seemed pretty realistic to me; although this is only based off what I've heard on this website, in person, and personally gone through on khan academy.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the EK Online Course and we used the same manuals you are for our regular coursework.

The 30 min exams at the back of the books are meant to be taken immedietly following your covering the lecture material (there are actually directions on this at the front of each of the books). I too, at the start, felt like this was odd, but over time you see the purpose. They are trying to get you to understand the Critical Thinking side of the exam. SO may times we would get through with the lecture and I would feel super confident - like I GOT THIS - and then we would move to take the 30 min exam and I would crash and burn. It would be like I was looking at greek bc I understood the concept, but was still learning how to work with it in MCAT context.

Your higher than anticipated score may be bc it is slightly easier to decifer this aspect of the MCAT in the PsychSoc section than say in the physical sciences section.
But in any case I would DEF work these after each lecture as they are intended. Use the FL exams to track progress as you go - not the 30 min exams.

Just my 2 cents...