EK practice exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carpediem22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious about what people think about the EK 2015 practice exams. I just finished the third, and my impressions are:

1) They are good with respect to how they frame questions.
2) They are harder than the AAMC FL. I scored 87% overall on AAMC practice, and have been scoring 77-85% on EK even though I took those later.
3) TYPOS. Oh my, the typos. There are multiple questions where the answer is flat out wrong or where the answer explanation conflicts with the answer key (e.g. explains why B is correct when A is given as the correct answer).

Anyone else have any experience with them? Would especially love to know whether April testers felt the EK exams were harder/easier/equivalent to the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

1) Agreed.
2) AGREED x2. I just took the first yesterday and it is definitely harder than the Sample Test, for sure.
3) I've definitely seen misspellings and grammatical errors, but I haven't yet come across content errors. I've only reviewed the first half of the exam, though. Mind posting what you found?

I'll keep track of the mistakes in the future. The only one I wrote down was #56 on Exam 2 for bio (or maybe physics/chem; it's about mRNA and nucleotide bases) -- the math is flat out wrong in their answer. The one I saw on today's exam was in CARS, but I didn't write it down.

Reactions: 1 user
Is EK's FL's math-intensive on the PS portion? Probably gonna buy a couple cause I need more than just TPR FL's.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is definitely some math but I wouldn't call it math-intensive. Depends what you compare them to I guess, I haven't taken TPR.

Definitely agree with all this. Even though EK was harder than AAMC, it seemed to be the most accurate as far as style of questions and content covered (compared to Kaplan and Next Step).