Electives at UofL, Vanderbilt, UMass, UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shunnar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international medical student, doing my electives in the US next year...
My school has affiliations with UofL, UIC, Vanderbilt, and UMass, and we compete on thse spots because they offer us 10 spots/year in each of these 4....

Few hours ago I got a message from the person at our deanship that deals with these things telling me that I got accepted into UMass IM department, and waiting for the other 3 hospitals to reply in a week....I have to reply to her before monday whether I want the spot or not, because if not she needs to give it to someone else on the waiting list....

So if you were me, would you stick to UMass or risk and wait for others to reply?

Members don't see this ad.

A note: IM is not my first one choice in any of these, EM and rads are, but we were told that the chances are 90% we will not get any other departments accepting us

I'm looking at international schools now. Can you tell me what program you are actually in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.