Eligibility for graduate student loans if one has a mortgage/car loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mouse2106

Western U CVM c/o 2020!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an odd question. Hopefully someone would be willing/able to shed some light on it.

Does anyone happen to know if my ability to get student loans for veterinary school will be hindered if I already have a mortgage and car loan?

The school that I was accepted to mentioned that expenses for one year are around $75,000 and I wasn't sure if student loans (both federal and private) would consider the loans I already have and possibly approve me for less than what I would need or if student loans are considered separate and my eligibility wouldn't be compromised.

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you so much for your time! Happy New Year!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have an odd question. Hopefully someone would be willing/able to shed some light on it.

Does anyone happen to know if my ability to get student loans for veterinary school will be hindered if I already have a mortgage and car loan?

The school that I was accepted to mentioned that expenses for one year are around $75,000 and I wasn't sure if student loans (both federal and private) would consider the loans I already have and possibly approve me for less than what I would need or if student loans are considered separate and my eligibility wouldn't be compromised.

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you so much for your time! Happy New Year!

No, it won't matter. Everyone qualifies for loans for vet school.

Now, should the money you owe affect your decision to attend an expensive school? Probably.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you very much for your reply! I greatly appreciate it!