EM intern fired after selling mask opt-out letters for $50

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexdiamondz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...of course it's at an HCA residency :rofl:

like we needed any more proof that EM is going down the drain

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

The irony here is that having gotten fired from an HCA EM residency and scrambling into an FM/IM program may just end up being the best career move he ever made.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In Canada, EPs can charge patients for work notes. The patients have to pay them out of pocket, and it goes directly into yours. You have to pay for parking, too. A novel way of keeping the # of social visits down.

The irony here is that having gotten fired from an HCA EM residency and scrambling into an FM/IM program may just end up being the best career move he ever made.
Na, he's pure greedy EP

Na, he's pure greedy EP
Other than him finishing an EM residency this wasnt in his role as an EP. It’s like calling Dom Bag (aka Dbag) from USACS an EP. No he is a business dude who many years ago finished a residency and hasn’t seen patients in well over a decade.

My old saying, "I can be bought .... I just can't be bought cheaply."

Ignoring any moral issues for a moment, I can see selling your career for $10 M. But selling your career for $50 is worse than just being immoral, it is being immoral AND stupid.

Reactions: 14 users

Jefferson EM actually

They rotate at a bunch of hospital sites but I don't think there's any HCA in philly

We can quibble over how well masks work or don't work. But to offer a "cash for mask excuse" deal over the internet, shows poor judgement.

"Cash for opiates"

"Cash for work notes"

"Cash for marijuana card"

"Cash for disability certification"

Predetermining, or even implying, you're going to give people such things in exchange for cash without even evaluating them is shady, unethical and in some cases, illegal.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We can quibble over how well masks work or don't work. But to offer a "cash for mask excuse" deal over the internet, shows poor judgement.

"Cash for opiates"

"Cash for work notes"

"Cash for marijuana card"

"Cash for disability certification"

Predetermining, or even implying, you're going to give people such things in exchange for cash without even evaluating them is shady, unethical and in some cases, illegal.
Welp, there goes my idea of putting a worknote/tylenol PM/Mask/blanket/snack pack dispensing machine outside the hospital...

• Haha
I would just like to clarify the notes I was selling just stated that kids did not have to wear masks at school. the charge was only for the supply costs to write and create those notes, operating as a nonprofit. thank you

I would just like to clarify the notes I was selling just stated that kids did not have to wear masks at school. the charge was only for the supply costs to write and create those notes, operating as a nonprofit. thank you

Whaaa....

If you're the real deal, and this isn't a trollpost - then speak freely. I know that I wanna hear what you have to say.

Reactions: 2 users
$50 for "supply costs to write and create those notes"? What, were you amortizing the cost of a computer and printer?

Knowing many folks here for years, I feel confident that your statement will be found wanting.

"Thank you"

You give too much credit. It wasn't too clever or involved. One drive by post isn't too much, at all.

Eh, it was eliciting the "knee jerk" reaction from me that qualifies both the troll as "good", and me as "gotten".

But I getcha.

Reactions: 1 user
Eh, it was eliciting the "knee jerk" reaction from me that qualifies both the troll as "good", and me as "gotten".

But I getcha.
In your defense, your reply did include "If you're the real deal, and this isn't a trollpost"

Reactions: 1 user