Embarrassing experiences that make you a typical pre-med....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had been up all night before (talking or something like that). There was no test the next day, just class. Well Microbiology was the first class of my day at 9 a.m. so I dragged myself there, half asleep. My microbiology teacher prides herself on telling all of us everyday how she took the MCAT and scored in the 90th percentile, after not studying at all. But she decided to go to graduate school because it was more challenging.

Well anyway, me and her butted heads all the time because our personalities clash. Well I was sitting 4 rows from the front, almost sound asleep. She loved to show people up, so she stopped class, walked up to me shook me and asked me a very challenging microbiology question. I answered it in 3 seconds and went back to sleep, this time for real. This was more so embarrasing to her, and she then went on (I was told) to lecture the class about how we should be going to bed at 9 p.m. and waking up at 4 a.m.

Members don't see this ad.

Psycho Doctor said:
why should you feel like an ass? i hate people's attitudes that everyone should take a prep course

After asking everyone if they took a prep-course, I bragged that in an ultimate display of principle, I, the mighty pre-med, could not justify spending $1000 for an anti-procrastination service, succeeding where everyone else in the room had failed. It wasn't cool. It's certainly possible that no one else in the room thought I was an ass but I definitely felt like one.

eccles1214 said:
A friend of mine got a 45 -- no kidding, but after months and months of studying. She did her premeds at a local community college, her MD at UCSF, and her residency at UCSF, too. Now she is a doctor, but I've only begun my premeds.
Im pretty sure that is impossible since the highest verbal score was 13-15. So she would have to have a 43-45. You couldn't distinguish between the 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor said:
Im pretty sure that is impossible since the highest verbal score was 13-15. So she would have to have a 43-45. You couldn't distinguish between the 3.

Just think of the 45 as short hand for the best score you could get at whatever time.

Psycho Doctor said:
i didn't take a prep course b/c i was already taking orgo I and II while studying for the MCAT, plus doing volunteer work and shadowing. There's just no way i could have fit a prep class in too. I know plenty of people who did just fine without it.

I agree. I know a few people who did fine without it too. One person, I knew, said she got a 31 just by using old textbooks and making flashcards. But that same person ended up deciding not to go to med school because she didn't like the politics of HMOs PPOs, etc.

nothing compared to some of you guys but here goes nothin anyway:

i came into an orgo midterm a little over halfway into the test (i was stuck in really bad traffic). by the time i got into the testing room, my adrenaline was PUMPING to the max. i'm mean, if i had some gas, i probably would've farted out adrenaline. i was so jittery, excited, and freaked out all at the same time. anyway, as i came into the room, the prof shook his head in a tsk tsk manner and asked me what happened. my response as i walked past the prof: "i don't know, you tell me." yea, i was out of it. as i left my prof in a dust of confusion, i grabbed a test, and i blitzed through that thing--no time for thought; just went with whatever popped into my head first. with my huge adrenaline rush, i didn't check my answers and was one of the first people to finish. i could tell this confused my prof even more. prof: "so how was it?" me, in a word: "eh."

didn't do as well on the test as i should've. lesson learned: drive monster trucks...

ok so it's right after lunch and im sitting in teh computer labs (btw these are really ****ty computers.. like 500mhz' or something). Anyway im sitting there and teh lab is full and im surfing teh SDN and looking at some cool ass mods for CS and this girl comes up to me.. shes 1 of those preppie type ambercombie popular type girls. so she asks in a bitchy tone "hey i need to use that computer to type up and print up a eport i have for sociology".. now remember teh lab is full and she'll probably take all period. so i say to her "haha, no why dont you find one of your american eagle prep boys to mooch off of" lol.. and she walked off all pissed off.. me and my friend were laughing all period, it was ****ing hilarious. stupid preps like that will never understand geeks like us at teh SDN lol

oh well it was hilarious. guys shoulda been there

MEG@COOL said:
ok so it's right after lunch and im sitting in teh computer labs (btw these are really ****ty computers.. like 500mhz' or something). Anyway im sitting there and teh lab is full and im surfing teh SDN and looking at some cool ass mods for CS and this girl comes up to me.. shes 1 of those preppie type ambercombie popular type girls. so she asks in a bitchy tone "hey i need to use that computer to type up and print up a eport i have for sociology".. now remember teh lab is full and she'll probably take all period. so i say to her "haha, no why dont you find one of your american eagle prep boys to mooch off of" lol.. and she walked off all pissed off.. me and my friend were laughing all period, it was ****ing hilarious. stupid preps like that will never understand geeks like us at teh SDN lol

lmao

haha that was a good one!!

MEG@COOL said:

Who was she to tell you to get off a computer you had first anyhow???? :rolleyes:

I never understand those kinda people. They have no business telling you to get off a computer that you were on first. If there aren't any computers available, then they should wait or find another computer lab.

HigHal320 said:
I still pull all nighters but I'll take the 2-3hr nap at around 1AM, and wake up around 3-4am and study until my final. This way even if I oversleep, there's a much greater chance I won't miss my exams.

exactly what i do