Embrace the future of our specialty!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
1651895859424.png

Members don't see this ad.

Let’s see what stands the rest of time

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks fine to me. The vflex’s look like they are probably stenotic based on the discs. We have no idea what is going on with the SCS patients and looks like he is trying his best to place the leads optimally.

His reviews are not as "good" as mine.

• Photo of Mike C.
    Mike C.
    El Dorado Hills, CA

stars_v2.yji-59bbc2cf8e3d4be04fcc.png

5/24/2021

First to Review
    Butcher!
    This Man Has Made My Life HELL!
    He did injections in my neck ( that that ive had 10 times prior)
    This Man im pretty sure inserted needle into nerve and has cause permanate damage!
    NO feeling in my hands
    No Strength WHAT SO EVER
    THIS Arrogant I***t's Response when I simply emailed and asked for a follow up after 3mo gradually getting worse was,
    TRY Thai Chi-Yoga--Deep Breathing--Healthy Diet, Meditation,Sleep Patterns

Lawyers on the way ? HMMMMMMMMM Who Knows ?
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Loss of consortium Who Knows?
    Malpractice Who Knows?
    The list can go on and on let alone disabled and loss of my construction career/buisness
    California has a cap on Malpractice but not all of my other unfortunate losses
    Will definitely see him again for a "follow up" Possibly behind the bench But HEY I bet we at least get a follow up visit at that point!

Steer Far,Far Away
    When it states Practicing DR IT MEANS IT!
    LET HIM PRACTICE ON YOU AND PAY THE PRICE!!!!

If that guy really got a needle in his cord I don’t think he would be able to type such a lengthy tirade

If that guy really got a needle in his cord I don’t think he would be able to type such a lengthy tirade

Idk man I saw a pic from when a resident touched vertebral body with a 20g tuohy and the patient just had some transient parasthesia for a couple days afterwards and then was totally fine. Not my recommended approach for C-ESI.

Idk man I saw a pic from when a resident touched vertebral body with a 20g tuohy and the patient just had some transient parasthesia for a couple days afterwards and then was totally fine. Not my recommended approach for C-ESI.
Anterior epidural spread.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks fine to me. The vflex’s look like they are probably stenotic based on the discs. We have no idea what is going on with the SCS patients and looks like he is trying his best to place the leads optimally.
Disagree.

Two stimulators and 3 ISS is not for the pt...It's for the MD. I see no evidence of actual surgery having been done and the fact it's on social media carries weight IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
Disagree.

Two stimulators and 3 ISS is not for the pt...It's for the MD. I see no evidence of actual surgery having been done and the fact it's on social media carries weight IMO.
I thought they were all pictures of different patients? Not sure about doing 3 level vertiflex but the stimulators are benign if they’re not in the same body…

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think I have a review like Steve posted but I can post a pic of a patient of mine with 3 Vertiflex placed, after two surgeons said no way. I haven’t done a stim in like forever but I could post the pic. The main criticism I have is the self-promotion on LinkedIn. People will post a pic of a procedure before they know the outcome, like it’s hard to place SCS leads or a Vertiflex or something. Douchey behavior from a lot of KOLs or wannabes.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the three level vertiflex wasn’t done in one day…this was a series of 3.
#innovation

How’d he do that? Go through the cord?

Yup. Told attending "I keep hitting os".

Was patient sedated?

The cord ifself is insensate, but the covering (? Pia?) Isnt. The pt should immediately feel a zing down the arm and/or leg. Its CRUCIAL that cesi is done witbout any sedation. Dont ask me how i know....

Was patient sedated?

The cord ifself is insensate, but the covering (? Pia?) Isnt. The pt should immediately feel a zing down the arm and/or leg. Its CRUCIAL that cesi is done witbout any sedation. Dont ask me how i know....
Or you can touch lamina before going CLO.

Was patient sedated?

I don't know, to be honest. Only saw the picture afterwards(was buddies with the XR tech).

No longer employed there, afaik.

I personally don't allow residents to do cervical procedures. Maybe a PGY4 who is already matched into pain and has rotated with me before. Probably still not, though.
I did cervical TFESI and ILESI as a resident.

No longer employed there, afaik.

I personally don't allow residents to do cervical procedures. Maybe a PGY4 who is already matched into pain and has rotated with me before. Probably still not, though.
I couldn't do CESI in fellowship until I did 100 LESI, let alone during residency.

I did 50+ ctfesi as a resident. Maybe 1 cesi. Different times

I did 50+ ctfesi as a resident. Maybe 1 cesi. Different times
very different times indeed. I was 50/50 in fellowship, half CTFESI and half CESI.

Now I only do CESI, though I will still do cervical SNRB for one spine surgeon who sends me a lot of procedures. But with this I don't enter the foramen, just touch down on os, withdraw slightly and move slightly anterior to paint the nerve.

Last edited: