Emory rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limabean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and am a rising fourth year trying to plan my away rotations. I was going to do one EM rotation and one Toxicology rotation away. I'm really interested in Emory ( mainly because my new niece and all my family live 15min away) so I was trying to figure out what would be the best strategy. Some people have told me to do the Toxicology rotation at Emory because I wouldn't be under the microscope and could still interact with the EM department while others have suggested that I do the EM rotation there because if I'm really interested in it that is the only way to see what residency there would be like. I realize it is way too early in the game to set my heart on any one place but does anyone have suggestions or advice?
Thanks,
limabean

Members don't see this ad.

limabean, from what I hear, the Emory EM rotation is an EXCELLENT experience. The faculty there are very friendly. You'll spend most of your time at Grady, a very busy emergency department with around 90 beds if I'm not mistaken. (They have like 30 beds in the triage area.)

I used to transport patients there from time to time. The residents and attendings were always supernice.

If you're interested in doing EM at Emory, then I'd recommend you do BOTH your EM rotation and toxicology rotation there. They have a very active toxicology program and poison control center.