Emory University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CKin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did/Does anyone have an interview at Emory for DPT?

Let me know when & how it went please & how it was structured!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be interviewing on the 12th too... see you there!

I had an interview at Emory on Jan 29th. It was a whole day process but it was extremely organized. They served you breakfast and lunch, took you on a tour or the PT department and the entire school. You are able to interact with many current students and faculty members to answer all of your questions. The interview was a little different being a group interview. It was 3 people being interviewed by 3 faculty members. Only 6 questions were asked all together, but they were very friendly and made you feel comfortable.

Have you heard back from them yet or did they tell you how long to expect before a response?

Is the interview still on for tomorrow? did anybody hear anything about the snow?

anyone who interviewed on Jan 29th or before hear anything from Emory yet????

I just got an email that had my application to the graduate school of allied health, I don't remember ever filling out this specific application but it has a lot of the info from PTCAS on it. I'm just curious because I applied almost 5 months ago so I'm wondering why this is just getting processed now. Anybody know what that's about or did anybody else get that email at some point?

I got the same sort of email, I have no idea what it's for and why we recieved it months after submitting our application! have you heard anything yet??

I haven't heard anything... I emailed the person that the weird email said to respond to and whoever it is hasn't gotten back to me. I might email Monica tomorrow, it just seems weird that all of a sudden someone else would have all of our info including our SSN, address, ect. and we weren't made aware of it

I'm hoping maybe it's a good thing for us? I know for some schools you apply to the program itself and then if you're accepted to the program they have to pass your info along to the "school" that oversees everything. So maybe we applied to Emory DPT and now the Grad. School of Allied Health just has to process us? Hopefully that's the case!

I did the same thing, I responded back to the "person" who sent the summary of the PTCAS info but I haven't gotten a response back either!

I really do hope you're right, and that we actually got accepted!! *fingers crossed* hahahha

I emailed Monica this morning and didn't get a response yet... maybe they aren't telling us what it's about because they want us to be surprised when the acceptance emails go out :) haha, the wait is killing me so I'm just making stuff up now probably

Members don't see this ad :)
hahah i hear ya! The wait is killing me, I've been checking my email every 10 minutes! I'm going crazy - hopefully they email us soon! Let me know if Monica responds back to you!! Then I'll go for the plunge and find out my fate hahah

Still no response from Monica, she usually emails back pretty quickly. You were at the interview on the 12th, right? They said we should hear back within 2 or 3 weeks of the interview I think, so 2 weeks is tomorrow... eeek!

anyone else hear from Emory yet??

i know Monica said it'd be about 2-3 weeks if we get in. if we don't, we might not hear back until later on...

I've haven't gotten anything yet... I don't think we could've expected anything though because the faculty members were at the conference the week after our interview and there was another interview session yesterday so Monica and most of the faculty were probably pretty busy this week. Let's hope we all hear back from them this week with good news!

How did the process go? I'm excited and nervous because Emory is my number one choice!

CKin- Here's what Monica said:

"Thank you for letting me know that you got this email from Emory. It is a
legitimate email from our system, but it is not supposed to have been sent
to applicants since we are now using PTCAS. This was what was sent out to
applicants when we were using our own online application. We have asked all
applicants who received this email to disregard it as we already have your
application from PTCAS."

So I guess that isn't really goo or bad news :-/

ItemN9ne- The interview day was a really good experience, the campus and facilities are beautiful. Mostly you just get to see everything and you get to talk to a lot of current students. The interview itself is only about 30 minutes and the interviewers were all very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have about the program.

just kidding... it might have been good news... I just got accepted!! :)

Monica sent me an email with some info in it and she said that formal letters will be sent out in late spring

Congratulations on your acceptance... I'm hoping all the slots aren't full before my interview in a few weeks. Do you mind sharing your stats as far as GPA and GRE just for informational purposes?

It's kind of interesting because my stats aren't great but here they are anyways:

University: Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Major: Biomedical Engineering
Overall GPA: 2.99
Pre-Req GPA: 3.0
GRE: 780(Q), 480(V), 4.0(W)

Extra-Curric: Women's Rugby team (Vice Pres, and Captain), In a sorority (2 Exec Positions), Senior Class Gift Chair, Student Support Network, Relay for Life Committee, Campus Tour Guide, Study Abroad (Morocco), Research (designing a device to grow tissue engineered blood vessels), and part time work

Volunteer: 100 recorded, but in reality it's higher because my brother is disabled so I've been going to his PT appointments for as long as I can remember.

I applied to Emory, NAU, Widener, and UMass Lowell... so far I've been accepted at Emory, rejected from NAU, and I'm waiting to hear back from the other two

SO I'm not sure if anyone can help me or not. I just want to get other students opinions. So I got accepted at Emory Yesterday! Yeah! But I am also accepted at Medical College of Georgia which is about half the cost. I love both schools but the only reason I might be considering MCG is due to the money issue. I love Emory but I don't want to be buried in loans when I graduate. I do know the advantages of going to Emory, great research facility, great connection, well known, etc. I guess will it be worth the cost?

I have been accepted at Emory also , but due to the cost I am seriously considering an school with instate tuition.....I am torn and would like some advice also??? what should I do?

Hello guys..Congrats to everyone who was admitted!! I turned in my application VERY VERY late (Just beat the deadline), and I'm still waiting for an interview invitation. I was wondering if any of you could tell me how the interview invitation was sent (e-mail/snail mail??)

Also do any of you guys know when the last round of interviews will be held??

(F.Y.I. I also got the mysterious e-mail from the School of Allied Health. Monica told me to disregard it as a mistake, but just maybe it's some sort of indication of admittance as you guys said!!!)

Thanx guys!

Last edited:
Hey there!
I actually have no idea when other interview days are, but I'm sure more offers will go out as our payments are due for March 24th. So after that they'll send out more!

The interview was 3-4 interviewees and 3 interviewers, and around 5-6 questions. They were all very basic questions, i.e. Why PT? tell us about yourself/your experiences, etc?

It was an awesome day all around! Goodluck!

For anyone who did accept Emory, any ideas on what to do for housing? need roomates?

sorry I just realized I didn't answer your question, the interview invite was sent out through email!!

Thanx CKin......Ok so I have another question. How long after Emory received your complete application (photos, essays, etc.) did you get the interview invitation? The school website says it takes 3-4 weeks after they receive a complete application, but I've also gotten conflicting answers. Also in your humble opinion, if after 4 weeks you don't receive that blessed interview invitation, is it safe to say it's not gonna happen?

....This is me freakin out lol

UCSDpt- I don't know for sure when they'll be doing more interviews, but I think they have a few more dates. I submitted my Emory app. on Nov. 2nd and didn't hear that I got an interview until the first week in February, so that was wayyyy past the 3-4 weeks that they said on the website. Also, all correspondence I've had with Emory has been via email.

CKin- I've been looking into a few places for housing, Calibre Woods, The Briarcliff Apartments, and the Preserve at Briarcliff are my top choices right now. I'm sorting out my financial stuff this weekend, just to determine what I can afford, but then I'll be looking for a roommate and deciding on which apt. I like. Have you joined the facebook group yet? There are a lot of people on there looking for roommates!

RugbyPT- Thanx for the glimmer of hope lol. The website also says that interviews end in March. Could that be inaccurate also??

Also, is there any merit to the opus.emory.edu website? It says on "opus" that we can view our admissions decision there, yet I'm hearing from all of you that you received e-mails.

I'm not really sure when the interviews end, a current student said they have 7 or 8 interview sessions total and when I had mine on Feb. 12th, 4 had already happened. So that leaves 2 or 3 interview days for this application cycle.

I wouldn't listen to opus, at least not yet. Mine still says that my admissions decision isn't available yet.

I know they had one set for this Friday March 26th. They gave me that option and March 12th 12th so I assume that this Friday is the last.

Yes, the last interview date for Emory is March 26th. Unfortunately, I have to interview on the last day, BUT I'm very thankful for the opportunity and if anything I will definitely learn from the experience. Emory is my top choice as it meets ALL of my expectations of a great DPT program. Emory is well known, very prestigious, has great research opportunities and facilities, in state tuition, and an outstanding pass rate. Is anyone else pulling up on the last day as well? Also, I understand the interview is 3-4 applicants with a panel of 3-4 professors/alumni, but besides the basic Why PT, Why Emory, etc... do they require an essay or anything besides that? For those who do not know, Emory's interview process is an all day affair and there is a lot of time to squeeze in a few things. Thank you guys for any insight and I look forward to giving it my best shot on Friday.

i found out yesterday i got placed on the alternate list for Emory. they don't rank the applicants but if there's a need for somone to be pulled from the alternate list, they review all the applicants and make a decision.

for those that are interviewing, i hope they saved some spots for applicants on those interview dates. i got an email saying i got recommended from the committee to be placed on the alternate list due to the class for 2010 being filled already. so i don't know if that means all the future interviewees will be placed on the alternate list until somone declines the offer to attend Emory.

Don't worry about any weird questions or essays, the impression I honestly got from my interview was that it was not only a chance for them to get to know you, but also for you to learn more about the program and make sure it's a good fit for you.

Also, I would assume they still have some spots open in the class. On my interview day a few people mentioned that they wouldn't invite you for an interview if they weren't giving you serious consideration. So I can't imagine they would invite you if there were no spots left.

do you actually need to go to the Emory campus for the interview?

yeah, you actually have to make it out there physically for the interview.

good luck to those interviewing and i hope there are spots saved for you guys. although i'm on the alternate list, i'm most likely going to attend University of St Augustine.

Just recently completed the interview process at Emory University School of Medicine. All I have to say is WOW, what a gorgeous campus. The facilities are amazing and up-to-date. The interview process was pretty basic group interview and the tours are breath-taking. I can see where the money goes lol.

On a side note to all of you who applied and interviewed, I spoke with Ms. Komi and unless I misunderstood her or she misunderstood my questioning; she said that 400+ applicants applied and they interviewed ~100 candidates out of which they will choose the top 50-60 students. The ~ 100 interviewees was surprising to me as I had my interview on the last day of the 8 dates and there were ~20 people there. So, perhaps they haven't found what they are looking for OR they have had a lot of people that they accepted turn them down. Who knows?! But I'm anxiously awaiting the results which I should know in approximately 2-3 weeks. Fingers Crossed!

wish the best of luck to you. we had about 30-40 interviewees when i attended the interview. i'm actually about to email Monica and ask that I be taken off the alternate list, so hopefully someone else has a better chance of getting in.

good luck to all of you!