Employment benefits - written in contract?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naturalelectrolytes

Reaction score
Hi I am reviewing a physician employment contract from a large group and they don’t mention medical insurance as a benefit in the contract. They have a brochure with multiple options from a national carrier. Is this something I need to be concerned about? It seems strange not to include it as a benefit in writing.

Members don't see this ad.

My contract had about 5 overall sections separate from the standard contract. I recommend you have an attorney look over the contract to be sure you are well protected, however.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I am reviewing a physician employment contract from a large group and they don’t mention medical insurance as a benefit in the contract. They have a brochure with multiple options from a national carrier. Is this something I need to be concerned about? It seems strange not to include it as a benefit in writing.

Ask the group regarding this. That's highly unusual from my standpoint. The contract for me explicitly describes that it's provided and outlines the types of insurance available. I hope they don't expect you to get your own insurance. :cautious::thumbdown:

Have the contract reviewed and make sure it does include insurance. Sometimes the contract will make reference to a “benefits package” etc outlined in a different document…In which case they need to provide you with that document, and that (and all other documents that are similarly referred to in the contract) all need to be reviewed by your attorney as well as these are essentially components of the contract as well.