EMS Academy grades going towards GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SquishyMonster90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I am taking my EMT-b course at a hospital EMS academy. They are not a technical college or community college. Will my grade in this course go towards my GPA or be reported to AMCAS? It's not a college, so it shouldn't count towards GPA right? I ask because the grades are almost 100% test based and the tests are multiple choice, ridiculously subjective, and the online testing system is stupidly flawed and these are causing me to get a grade that I am unhappy with (the testing system won't even let you go back to check your work!). I know the material backwards, better than anyone else in the class yet I'm at a high C right now (lowest grade I've ever had in my life).

Members don't see this ad.

No, since it's not a college, I don't think you'd need to report this on AMCAS. AMCAS asks for all "post-secondary institutions" where you've taken classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Yes, good idea. I called them about some transcript questions when I was submitting my primary and they were very helpful.

I don't think you need to include them. It's essentially a trade school as your courses wouldn't transfer to a community college or four year university.