End of August - How do you feel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many Interview Invites do you have, this far?

• Total voters

DirkN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as August is coming to a close, we're well under way with the application cycle!

How does everyone feel about their cycle? Any secondaries left to do? Excited about interviews? Maybe a little nervous?

Just to gauge everyone's progress for funsies, I made a poll to try and assess the average number of interview invites thus far on SDN.

So far I'm pretty content with the cycle, but definitely still nervous for upcoming interviews and where I'll eventually end up! I never imagined the waiting game would be this long and, honestly, stressful.

Members don't see this ad.

Two interview invites, still waiting to hear back from my top choices... Just praying for one acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The wallet is hurting and my stomach is churning

Reactions: 4 users
Feeling distracted now that school started up again :dead:

Had my first interview today. Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Reactions: 4 users
I've had two interviews so far and I've loved them both. Just to be on a medical campus, or touring through a hospital is pretty exciting. Also the fact that I'm going to travel to parts of the US I haven't seen!

Reactions: 2 users
Feeling pretty anxious, but trying not to let it get to me. This is my second cycle.
One II from my state school (they interview everyone who is in-state)
I got put on hold at DMU.....no idea why.
And of course, still waiting on the elusive Drexel secondary.

11 IIs so far! Im really excited with how the cycles is going so far and am still hoping to hear good news from a few other of my favorite schools.

Two IIs so far. I have my first interview in less than a week and I am absolutely panicking about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty bad. Gearing up for re-app.

I have interviews from almost half the schools I applied to! Couldn't be happier. All I need is one acceptance and I'll be DONE.

Members don't see this ad :)
No IIs yet, but no rejections either... just a waiting game...

have like 20 MD secondaries in, 10 more to go (a bunch i havent received yet). waiting on my committee letter to come in which is screwing me, as expected. and DO app isn't even verified yet. needless to say my anxiety has been through the roof with all this.

...and did I mention the absolutely ridiculous cost of this process? the only word that could describe it can't be said on this forum. unreal

So what's the most interviews anyone has ever gotten. 11 interviews seems like a ton, especially so early. Would you guys say 20 interviews is crazy!? What do you guys think is the number of interviews the average applicant gets that is eventually accepted?

Have 7 interviews so far (6 md 1 do). Feeling pretty good since I'm interviewing at nearly all of the schools that I really wanted to minus a couple. Just hoping I don't mess it up and someone loves me :p.

6 interviews, 2 rejections so far, out of applying to 35 schools. I am still hoping to hear back from more of my top choices, since I saw that they began extending interviews on the interview invite thread. That is one thread I will probably avoid over the course of this cycle haha.

I will probably make a mdapps profile towards the end of my cycle to show everyone how the cycle went.

Last edited:
One ii scheduled for next month. No rejections. Secondaries submitted at ~13 schools. Going to submit the DO app in a few weeks if I haven't received more MD ii.

Applied to 8 MD and 3 DO schools, 2 MD ii so far (both in September :X), so can't really complain yet. Just hoping to get more love and a raise at my job lmao.

I honestly have to carry my phone charger everywhere since I am checking my email every five minutes. It really drains the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
1 II so far only, but its from one of my top choices. Feeling a bit panicky since i rather not this school be my first II haha

I honestly have to carry my phone charger everywhere since I am checking my email every five minutes. It really drains the battery.

Just every 5 minutes?? It's gotten to be about every 2 minutes for me haha. My phone battery has never died so easily and so quickly before.

1 II so far only, but its from one of my top choices. Feeling a bit panicky since i rather not this school be my first II haha

That's how I felt when I got my II! But I scheduled it as early as possible to hopefully get a better chance even though it's my first interview!

The wallet is hurting and my stomach is churning

I can't believe how amazing of a cycle you've had so far! I'm gonna be rooting for you. I have high hopes for you. :D

Pretty bad. Scored lower on the MCAT than I expected and no II so far. Could only afford to apply to 6 schools as well

same boat. I'm panicking lol

No IIs yet, but I finished my last secondary, so I feel great. :D I do hope I get interviews from Texas schools because they are filling up their interview slots fast. :(

4 ii. Attended one this month already. Two pre-rejects, but am still waiting on 22 schools. All MD btw.

Jk, just got my third today. Happy Labor Day Weekend Amurrica!

So 80% of the people who have responded to the poll has had at least 1 II invite.

Fantastic :eyebrow:

Applied to 21 schools total with 2 rejections and 6 IIs so far. Very happy that I've been invited to interview at as many places as I have been. Hoping for even more. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Last edited:
I feel awesome. Just got an II from my dream school!

So 80% of the people who have responded to the poll has had at least 1 II invite.

Fantastic :eyebrow:

But don't forget that the SDN community is a VERY small sub-group of the entire med school applicant pool. AND the majority of SDNers are the ones who submit super early (I did not), and therefore hear back from schools much earlier. Ultimately, this data is a skewed representation of the application season overall, and it is still really early in the season :)

I'm right there with you with no II yet, nothing but silence for me so far haha.

Reactions: 5 users
How in God's name to some people have so many interviews already?! I have ZERO and I'm pulling my hair out. To be fair, I've only been complete since August 1st at most schools since that's when my committee letter was received. I need to stop spending time on this site...

I know I know =P

Staying away from this website is hard during the application cycle XD.

Best of luck fellow applicant =D

I'm just curious but how many II would it take you guys to move from panic mode to lower panic mode. It looks like close to 80% of people have between 0-5. Is that a normal amount for people that eventually get accepted?

I'm just curious but how many II would it take you guys to move from panic mode to lower panic mode. It looks like close to 80% of people have between 0-5. Is that a normal amount for people that eventually get accepted?

Statistically, if you are decent at interviewers and the school median stats match yours, after 4 interviews, your chances at an acceptance should be pretty good.

Statistically, if you are decent at interviewers and the school median stats match yours, after 4 interviews, your chances at an acceptance should be pretty good.

I guess this makes me less happy about getting II at reach schools lol.