End of MS1 - ugghhhhhhh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameIsOtto

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
End of MS1 is shortly approaching...we have roughly 4 weeks left...

I was one of the premed hopefuls who thought medicine was great and blah blah blah.

With a little less than a month left, I'm completely burnt out and could care less about anything to do with the next couple of years.

Who else is looking forward to the end of this first, miserable year?:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Lol, you should go post this on the Allo board. Everyone over here in Pre-Allo is all sunshine and puppy-dog tails excited to start! :D

You'll probably get more sympathy in the med students area.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is pointless to try to explain to premeds how much it is going to suck. Just be glad that you dont have 2 more months left like I do.

I feel you on being burnt. I have 11 days left and making myself go full bore just seems impossible, I just don't have it in me even though like 45% of my grade will be determined in the coming days! The worst was that JazzFest was a block away from my apartment for the past two weekends and I couldn't go, wahhhh. I could hear the music from my study spot :( I think we'll feel better after the summer, though I fear for my soul next summer with the Step, I don't know if I could be studying for that right about now.

2 weeks left here.

It looks like they did move this to allo...

2 weeks left here.

It looks like they did move this to allo...

The chick with the yellow bikini in your avatar freaks me out, her abs are all veiny, I vote to replace her in your montage.

I feel like I am running a marathon - but passed out at the 24.8 mile mark. Ugh.

I actually did enjoy 2nd year more than 1st. It's hell, but it's certainly more interesting.

Plus, I finally got over that feeling that the administration was going to realize what a big fake I was and kick me out because I didn't know an anal fistula from a hole in the ground.

The chick with the yellow bikini in your avatar freaks me out, her abs are all veiny, I vote to replace her in your montage.
I almost think that's a guy :scared:

Unfortunately I finish my grad program here on July 28th with thesis (Spring quarter ends here in June and summer quarter starts shortly after that) and then start up med classes August 1st =/ Guess it's next may before I can party lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Finals next week, and no motivation. :eek: I've already mentally moved on to my summer. Hey, though, the apathy beats stress any day of the week.

I'm the lone dissenter because I prefer yellow bikini lady to the belly button ring chick, who still needs to eat a sandwich. ;) The more I think about it, though, the veins are a little weird. So she needs to lay off the steroids and eat a sandwich.

I'm the lone dissenter because I prefer yellow bikini lady to the belly button ring chick, who still needs to eat a sandwich. ;) The more I think about it, though, the veins are a little weird. So she needs to lay off the steroids and eat a sandwich.

Most of them need a sandwich, but at least they are still sort of feminine despite their eating disorders, lol.

You need to post a picture of Vida Guerra. Enough of those skinny white chicks.:idea:

Lol, I'm sorry Critical, I didn't mean to derail this thread quite to this extent, but it is giving me something to do other than neuro case studies :love:

Gotta just keep your head down and push on through. It will be over soon, and one good thing about finals week is that it flies by because you're constantly either studying or taking a test (or sleeping).

Lol, I'm sorry Critical, I didn't mean to derail this thread quite to this extent, but it is giving me something to do other than neuro case studies :love:

:hijacked: It's alright, I've wanted an excuse to use this new smiley. :D

I think that it's relevant to discuss bathing suits and abs on a thread about the end of MS 1. The yellow bikini girl and the one with the black top are fitness competition champions. The others are random models.

I can probably squeeze 5 or 6 more pics into the mix. Feel free to PM me any URL's of interesting mid-sections.

:hijacked: It's alright, I've wanted an excuse to use this new smiley. :D

I think that it's relevant to discuss bathing suits and abs on a thread about the end of MS 1. The yellow bikini girl and the one with the black top are fitness competition champions. The others are random models.

I can probably squeeze 5 or 6 more pics into the mix. Feel free to PM me any URL's of interesting mid-sections.

I'm tempted to PM you a picture of me 9 months pregnant. Tehe:love:

You need to post a picture of Vida Guerra. Enough of those skinny white chicks.:idea:

Good call, yogifan... Ask and ye shall receive.

lilnoelle, there is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman. :love:

I agree and I also wonder how many times CM has been "fooled"

CM: always look for the adams apple, buddy.

:laugh: :laugh:

I actually like the greased up one in the blue bikkini with the red polka dots.

I feel sorry for you M1s, I got 4 more days in the ICU and then I'm off to burn my short white coat.

Man, i feel for you all...but i'm fairly certain you would all hate me if i told you that I finished up 1st year about 2 weeks ago. It feels good being on "break" and not having to worry about Leshmeniasis or the side effects of 2nd generation atypical neuroleptics.

Hooray for summer :0

Man, i feel for you all...but i'm fairly certain you would all hate me if i told you that I finished up 1st year about 2 weeks ago. It feels good being on "break" and not having to worry about Leshmeniasis or the side effects of 2nd generation atypical neuroleptics.

Hooray for summer :0

you're right, BG. we do hate you :mad:

Not to threadcrap here, but to all the whining M1s I have a few choice words for you: cumulative pharm final followed by a cumulative path final followed by 30 days of studying for Step 1 (you know, the test that determines whether you're going to be miserable or happy with your specialty at the end of this whole process).

You think you've got problems... :(

yeah, I did the end of MS1 thing a few weeks back. So now I'm in MS2 agony. (we roll straight in for six weeks) However, here are hopefully a few beams of sunshine. Have you figured out yet how many questions you need to get right to keep your grade, or better yet (not me) how many to get a C. After all, C=MD. And then you sigh, because you realize you need to get 22/75 in MBOD to pass, and that means you still to have to study biochem.

Another beam of sunshine, hopefully you leaned some junk in phys and other classes about action potentials and other junk. It pays divedends second year, ie the crap they gave us sucked, but since I had already learned it I was set! And by that, I mean I remember looking at it.

I'm pretty sure I just bombed my microbiology/immunology exam today due to lack of motivation and staring like a puppy dog at the golf course right across the street from school. I guess I should suck it up for the next 2.5 weeks...

exactly 4 weeks left till finals; 75% of the semester just for that one week of exams :thumbdown:

We finish June 7th. We don't have finals per se, just lots of exams, none of which you are allowed to fail. Unless you like taking stuff over the summer or repeating the year.

I love my school more every day. We have an exam for our final block the 21st, a retake the 23rd, and the intensity is no different than the rest of the year... we just have one final every 4 weeks and no grouping of tests.

One negative is that we have a shelf covering the whole year on the 25th - but it doesn't "count", they just want to see how we've done this year (I think the administration is a little nervous because this was the guinea pig year for a new curriculum)

I love my school more every day. We have an exam for our final block the 21st, a retake the 23rd, and the intensity is no different than the rest of the year... we just have one final every 4 weeks and no grouping of tests.

One negative is that we have a shelf covering the whole year on the 25th - but it doesn't "count", they just want to see how we've done this year (I think the administration is a little nervous because this was the guinea pig year for a new curriculum)

We have the shelfs too but apparently they curve the bejesus out of them. They even told us the test wasn't designed for first years and we probably won't recognize most of it, so how on earth am I supposed to motivate to study for that!?! Blech, as long as I make it to MS2 at this point I'm a happy camper.

It hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

We have 6 1/2 weeks left. One midterm and one final, and then the last summer ever. Can't complain.

We're done next Friday. Seems like a lot of schools go late. Mid-June? Eek.

edit: The not good part is that we have 5 finals. And they're all cumulative too.

June 29th here. *siiiiiiiigh*
And between here and there are 4 lecture exams, 1 micro exam, 1 path oral exam, a 20 page autopsy report, an autopsy presentation, a 7 page pharmacology report, 4 lecture-related essays, and up to 6 patient case write-ups.
:::sniffle:::

I feel like I am running a marathon - but passed out at the 24.8 mile mark. Ugh.

*Hands a cup of gatorade to Flop*

C'mon you're almost there!!!

:hardy: I'm looking forward to partying hard when this month is over.:hardy:

after 8 exams we finished yesterday. one year down 3 to go

Dear MS1s;

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Love,
An MS2 with full year cumulative exams, boards, and then 3 days before I kick off MS3.

Dear MS1s;

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Love,
An MS2 with full year cumulative exams, boards, and then 3 days before I kick off MS3.

Can I hear an amen?!

Best Regards,
An M2 that just finished his cumulative exams, took one day off and is now studying for 30-some straight days before taking boards and then starting M3 year.

Can I hear an amen?!

Best Regards,
An M2 that just finished his cumulative exams, took one day off and is now studying for 30-some straight days before taking boards and then starting M3 year.

Yeah. I hear ya. I can't imagine having to motivate myself to study for Step I at this point. I'm really excited to spend 8 weeks playing with my kids outside in the kiddie pool. :D

Oh well, don't be too jealous, we'll do it all next year.

Can I hear an amen?!

Best Regards,
Blah blah blah.

Here's what you posted halfway through your first year :D http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3173197&postcount=502

DoctorFunk said:
With finals approaching, my mind has become even more twisted than usual. Last night, as I wandered the school in search of sanity outside of my new home, the library, I saw quite a few interviewees leaving from their little pre-interview meet and greet. They all looked so innocent with their carry-on luggage and snappy business casual dress.

So of course I proceeded to imagine how much fun it would be to print up a mock sign directing a few of the interviewees to a nerd room where I would be set up as an interviewer. I could call myself Dr. I.C. Weiner and give them the real lowdown on medicine as seen through the biochemistry-colored lenses of an M1. In short, I would probably make them cry.

So, that's my true confession of what studying for these finals has done to my psyche. Does anyone else care to share with the support group about how you are coping?

and here you were before your M1 finals: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3708937&postcount=539
DoctorFunk said:
Holy crap. If you actually read all of this I give you an Honors in Attention-Span. Now get out there and enjoy some of this weather while we M1s face the impending doom of our Neuro final.

Let us have our mopey moments, and next year we'll tell the M1s how easy they have it. ;)

So you MS2s can come and gloat when we're slaving away in 3rd year, and you guys are essentially on vacation. :)

Seriously M1, M2, and most of all M4 are vacations. What tell M3, then you'll have something to ugghhhhhhhh about. You'll be the bottom of the totum poll: everyone from the janitor and the desk clerk will yell at you, interns will scut you like no tomorrow, some of your classmates who you thought were cool well go into cut throat mode, maybe they were always that way and you just didn't know it until you spent 30+ hours in the hospital with them, some of your classmates well pretend to love every rotation or every procedure (even 24 hour stool collections) to get that aoa, you'll have to hang out with people who you would never socialize with outside of the hospital, you'll see people laugh at jokes that aren't funny cuz they wanna be down with the attending or chief res, some of the bigest dorks (the residents) well actually think they got game on your hot classmates, but your hot classmate is only being nice because they are evaluating her and she wouldn't ever give them the time of day outside the hospital, you'll be on your feet for hours at a time and still have to go home and study just as much as you did during years 1 and 2, and just when you start to get the hang of one speciality your off to another one to start totally clueless again and be yelled at by another desk clerk on a different service.:D