Endodontic Residency Interviews 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, I have done gpr, aegd, one year private practice, gpa 3.1 ranked last third of class.

I applied this year, no interviews, currently studying for ADAT, just joined AAE

Should I consider doing masters in oral biology and endo oriented research? Many ppl telling me waste of time, and not necessarily a guarantee.

Please let me know your thoughts or if I should be posting this on another thread.
Thank you

I did GPR and ranked in the bottom half with a similar GPA. I am an endodontist now. I would focus on the ADAT, join the AAE, and visit some programs while you work as a GP. Take CE courses on endo. Go to AAE meetings and speak with some program directors. All this will cost time and money, which is why you should work in private practice while beefing up your application. Apply broad and you may get lucky like me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone accepted an offer from USC or heard of any news that they have filled? Thanks

I just got an email confirmation from BU that my application is complete even though i paid my fees and everything early July. that's odd. did anyone experience the same thing? I called them mid July and they said my application was complete. just curious so I know next year.

I just got an email confirmation from BU that my application is complete even though i paid my fees and everything early July. that's odd. did anyone experience the same thing? I called them mid July and they said my application was complete. just curious so I know next year.

They probably just waited to send out this email for admin purposes or someone forgot to do it earlier in the cycle. Some programs wait to process the “complete” emails and letters until their published deadlines.

They probably just waited to send out this email for admin purposes or someone forgot to do it earlier in the cycle. Some programs wait to process the “complete” emails and letters until their published deadlines.
Thanks!

Speaking of BU, are they done with their acceptances? I interviewed last month and it's been radio silence from them ever since. I'm assuming since most other schools are filled, BU has to be as well? :confused:

Speaking of BU, are they done with their acceptances? I interviewed last month and it's been radio silence from them ever since. I'm assuming since most other schools are filled, BU has to be as well? :confused:
when was your interview ? so far they filled CAGS spots

when was your interview ? so far they filled CAGS spots
Last month. How many spots are left if CAGS is filled? Does anyone know when they will fill the rest of the class or maybe is it possible its already filled and nobody who was accepted uses this site to post about it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recently (last 3 weeks) received interview invites to USC?

Does this mean that they aren't considering people they have already interviewed? It's been over a month since I was there with no update.
If you already interviewed then you should have the contact information for the programs administrative assistant. Every Endodontic Program has one. Email or call them and just ask if previous interview candidates are still being considered for acceptance. It’s a harmless question. She/ He will have an answer and if they don’t they can walk across the hall and ask the chair/ director.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey friends.. CWRU has sent invites starting from October 1st previously.. I am getting nervous.. please update if anyone hear anything... good luck to all of us..

Case Western has started to send out invites

Case Western has started to send out invites
I asked them.. they said they sent few yesterday and they will send rest of invites today. Please update if someone get invite today.. thanks

Good luck on your interview tomorrow! :)
If you have a moment afterwards, could you please update us if they are going to do more interviews after tomorrow or if that is the last date?
Hey Thank you, but I won't be attending the interview. I got accepted elsewhere.

Reactions: 3 users
I asked them.. they said they sent few yesterday and they will send rest of invites today. Please update if someone get invite today.. thanks
Oh yikes I was really hoping to get an invitation. Guess it’s time to strike it off the list.

Any idea.. how many candidates CWRU interviewing? What kind of questions they ask? I heard they ask for presentation too.

Any idea.. how many candidates CWRU interviewing? What kind of questions they ask? I heard they ask for presentation too.

I didn't apply to Case and didn't research that program because of its tuition, but it looks like they have 9 residents. Maybe 1 dropped out, or they accept 5 some years and 4 other years. Someone else on here would be able to provide better insights into that particular program.

What I found is that there's usually ~ a 10-20% shot of getting into the program if you get an interview depending on the size and cost of the program (more expensive schools tend to have more positions, and therefore interview more people). So if there's 4 spots, they'll probably interview 20-30 people. If there's 5 spots, they'll probably interview 25-35 people etc.

If you browse through previous endo interview threads you'll find there's not much advice about interview questions being offered in these forums. Maybe that's because we're all sorta competing against each other, maybe people just can't be bothered. I wrote a guide/list that's linked in my signature. Good luck!

I didn't apply to Case and didn't research that program because of its tuition, but it looks like they have 9 residents. Maybe 1 dropped out, or they accept 5 some years and 4 other years. Someone else on here would be able to provide better insights into that particular program.

What I found is that there's usually ~ a 10-20% shot of getting into the program if you get an interview depending on the size and cost of the program (more expensive schools tend to have more positions, and therefore interview more people). So if there's 4 spots, they'll probably interview 20-30 people. If there's 5 spots, they'll probably interview 25-35 people etc.

If you browse through previous endo interview threads you'll find there's not much advice about interview questions being offered in these forums. Maybe that's because we're all sorta competing against each other, maybe people just can't be bothered. I wrote a guide/list that's linked in my signature. Good luck!
I really appreciate your efforts to write detailed post.. Thank you so much.

I was the second round of interviews at BU in July. I spoke with them about 3 weeks ago and they said that they are still interviewing and it would be a few more weeks. When is it appropriate to follow back up with them? I don’t want to seem pushy, but I also would like to know if I’m still be considered for the program. I have everything on hold right now with my life (as does everyone else going through this process lol) and I’m just now sure what to do. If I’m not being considered, I would like to know so I can work on finding a new job, but I don’t want to put the cart before the horse, as the saying goes, if I’m still be considered. Does anyone have any advice? I guess I’m just feeling really lost and a little bit down about everything right now.

I would put the job search on hold temporarily. Waiting another month probably won't hurt your job prospects. If a unique opportunity lands in your lap in the next week or two, maybe pursue it, but that would take time to unfold. This cycle is almost over anyway.

I didn't apply to BU, but I think three weeks is long enough. If you want to contact the program, go ahead.

Don't be down about this cycle, this specialty (as almost all are), is very competitive.

I was the second round of interviews at BU in July. I spoke with them about 3 weeks ago and they said that they are still interviewing and it would be a few more weeks. When is it appropriate to follow back up with them? I don’t want to seem pushy, but I also would like to know if I’m still be considered for the program. I have everything on hold right now with my life (as does everyone else going through this process lol) and I’m just now sure what to do. If I’m not being considered, I would like to know so I can work on finding a new job, but I don’t want to put the cart before the horse, as the saying goes, if I’m still be considered. Does anyone have any advice? I guess I’m just feeling really lost and a little bit down about everything right now.

Did you hear from BU yet?

I would put the job search on hold temporarily. Waiting another month probably won't hurt your job prospects. If a unique opportunity lands in your lap in the next week or two, maybe pursue it, but that would take time to unfold. This cycle is almost over anyway.

I didn't apply to BU, but I think three weeks is long enough. If you want to contact the program, go ahead.

Don't be down about this cycle, this specialty (as almost all are), is very competitive.

Considering purchasing your guide. Does it go over the entire application process or is it strictly questions from your interviews. Thanks!

Post black friday sale, buy the guide, get the example PS? Lol

Considering purchasing your guide. Does it go over the entire application process or is it strictly questions from your interviews. Thanks!

Post black friday sale, buy the guide, get the example PS? Lol

It’s strictly about my experience interviewing, questions I was asked, what I reviewed to prepare, and some general thoughts about the process. It’s the stuff I wish I knew before the interview.

It’s not about the application process. I’m almost done writing one about that, and will probably make that available for free or almost free early 2020.

The guide you’re referencing is worth it if you have an interview. It’s not intended to help you prepare to apply though.