English requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missdoc91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I took a semester and a quarter of English! i was wondering if med school will be strict about English requirement! will it be fulfilling a year of English?
I am so stressed out about this :( thank you for any help !!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I took a semester and a quarter of English! i was wondering if med school will be strict about English requirement! will it be fulfilling a year of English?
I am so stressed out about this :( thank you for any help !!

Lol. You transferred from a semester school to a quarter school (or vice versa), without finishing English completely at either school? You could've easily finished english in the semester school. Oh well.

A semester and a quarter is the same as 2.5 quarters. You're fine.

Lol. You transferred from a semester school to a quarter school (or vice versa), without finishing English completely at either school? You could've easily finished english in the semester school. Oh well.

A semester and a quarter is the same as 2.5 quarters. You're fine.

Yes, but there are three quarters in an academic year. OP probably isn't fine at places that will want him to take a full year.

Just take another writing class for a quarter.

Members don't see this ad :)
No i was attending quarter system CC and semester CC before transfering to ucla n i have met my english requirements for graduation. Yeah i guess i should just take another class but im so lazy n already graduated! Any class i take in english department at either CC it might overlap with prevouse courses that i took so i am wortied the med schools think i am trying to retake it !

I really don't understand why they make quarter system people take 3 English classes. A quarter system class (at my school) and a semester system class are actually the same thing...same number of hours in class and content covered. At our school, quarter system classes are 5 units which is equal to 3-4 semester units (which I hear is what a normal semester class is anyways).

Because a quarter is shorter, they have more hours of class per week (which is why people only take 3-4 classes in the quarter system), but over the entire term, it is the same total number of hours as a semester class.