English Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deodo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken one freshman writing seminar course at my undergrad, and satisfied my college requirement for a second with AP Credit. I was wondering if this would fulfill most english requirements. I don't know where I want to apply yet ( I'm currently a junior hoping to apply this coming summer), as I will be taking the MCAT in January. I have looked at about ten possible schools' requirements, and I seem to meet most of them- they either don't have a strict one or take AP credit. Some schools, that I am not sure if I meet the requirement, want 1 year of writing with some humanities classes as sufficient. I have also taken Developmental sociology, which had a weekly writing component. I could take an English course this spring or senior, but I would like to keep open the option of graduation a semester early, and there are other classes I'd much rather take. Would it be worth just biting the bullet and taking an English course, or could I just wait, see where I apply, and take one senior year if a school told me I didn't meet requirements? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

wait, see where I apply, and take one senior year if a school told me I didn't meet requirements.

^. Accepted students can also submit waivers for specific credits.

Most places will either except an AP Lit/language, a philosophy class, or a class deemed "writing intensive" by your university in place of a semester of English

Thanks for the input! I'll hold off taking one then