MPH Epi and Health disparities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desi_ENFP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I've been trying to decide between schools and doing my own research and talking to some students about different programs that would best fit my needs. My primary area of interest is epidemiology + study in health disparities. Most of the programs I am looking at seem to have a good epi program, but I am not sure how to approach the health disparities interest. Johns Hopkins as a health disparities certificate, which sounds like it meets my needs. My other school option is Yale, which I have not seen much in regards to health disparities certificate-wise but maybe stumbled upon 1-2 faculty who have done SOME disparities stuff and some courses I could take as electives. What only worries me about JHU is that while I love the course availability, I've heard it's a very intensive program, vs. Yale, which might be better as far as faculty interaction/learning goes. If any of you are entering school for a similar study or are already public health professionals, some insight as to what program would be good for this would be great.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: