Technology Epocrates Essential Expiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SomeDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happens when the license expires on my Palm OS device? Will I still be able to use the program? Or will it become completely unusable on my device?

Members don't see this ad.

What happens when the license expires on my Palm OS device? Will I still be able to use the program? Or will it become completely unusable on my device?

You're still able to use it. But just can't update the essentials part.

Actually, I believe the Essentials components will stop working altogether. The product essentially reverts back to the free version until you renew the Essentials license. At least, that's the way it used to work. Dunno if they've changed it, but I doubt it.

Actually, I believe the Essentials components will stop working altogether. The product essentially reverts back to the free version until you renew the Essentials license. At least, that's the way it used to work. Dunno if they've changed it, but I doubt it.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I should have said with the caveat that I only ran out of my subscription for 3-4 weeks, during which time everything worked without the ability to update essentials. And I kept getting annoying pop-ups reminding me to update.

But since I renewed pretty fast, before I ever updated from their web database, maybe they never registered that I was out of date.

I'm thinking that maybe there is some kind of off-switch that pops when you connect the device to Epocrates via internet after your essentials expire?

Just a thought.

Last edited: