ERAS Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endodoc

Endocrinologist (MD, PhD)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My program director and other doctors who are writing letters for me, wants to know how I want my letters addressed. I am applying for Endocrinology 2007 which is through ERAS now.

Should each letter be different to each program, or should the letters be To Whom It May Concern?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

endodoc said:
My program director and other doctors who are writing letters for me, wants to know how I want my letters addressed. I am applying for Endocrinology 2007 which is through ERAS now.

Should each letter be different to each program, or should the letters be To Whom It May Concern?

Thanks

They should address it as To Whom it May Concern. As with residency apps, ERAS is not set up to easily store multiple different letters from one letter writer.

As a side note, I'm glad to hear that endocrine is joining ERAS now. Just last year pulmonary was the only specialty that used ERAS (it was their first year using it), and now more and more specialties are starting to jump on the ERAS bandwagon. It really makes the application process so much easier.

AJM said:
They should address it as To Whom it May Concern. As with residency apps, ERAS is not set up to easily store multiple different letters from one letter writer.

As a side note, I'm glad to hear that endocrine is joining ERAS now. Just last year pulmonary was the only specialty that used ERAS (it was their first year using it), and now more and more specialties are starting to jump on the ERAS bandwagon. It really makes the application process so much easier.

Thanks for the help. Endo is not 100% using ERAS for 07, but 99% of the programs are using it, which will be nice. It's a lot harder to send apps to each program.
One thing that scares me is that most programs will not be ready to use ERAS until late Dec, which seems kinda late to me. The programs that are still using paper based will be getting apps starting in June/July.