Eternal Struggle to get in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

motirani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

I want to start this thread for people who are finding it hard to get admission. This is more dedicated to fellow international dentists who have been trying for more than 3 years. It has been a constant struggle for me. My questions are:

1. How long have you been trying?
2. What do you think with all the seats from NYU also going away ( becoming a 4 year program)?
3. How much gas have you got left to keep at it?
4. Did anybody choose an alternative and are happy about their choice?
5. Has anybody given up totally?

This post is not to make a count of who failed. It is intended to give solace to folks that they are not alone.

Thanks
Moti

Members don't see this ad.

Hi moti,
I am finding it very difficult, at times I do think of just giving up. I was waitlisted last year and had very high hopes I would get in but sadly it didn't happen. This round I didn't even get any interview call, I feel my resume lacks something. I am working on improving and taking part2.
This journey has been ruff and expensive..... Not to mention stressful!
I feel as if I need reevaluation on my position in life.
Goodluck to you. I hope things work out for you.

I forgot to add that one of my weakest points is my low gpa. So I am thinking to take some degree course to bring this up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Vancitydentist, how much is your GPA? Mine is also low 3.29.

This round I didn't even get any interview call, I feel my resume lacks something. I am working on improving and taking part2.
b8em6w

Please anybody can tell will a gpa of 3.29 help me get into DDS program. A reply will show me some way.

Please anybody can tell will a gpa of 3.29 help me get into DDS program. A reply will show me some way.
yes. I am in an IDP program and two of my seniors in advanced standing has a GPA of 3 and 2.8. It matters but don't worry..you have a good GPA to get into programs. focus on the things you can change..

yes. I am in an IDP program and two of my seniors in advanced standing has a GPA of 3 and 2.8. It matters but don't worry..you have a good GPA to get into programs. focus on the things you can change..
Thanks dr.internationa for your reply. I truly appreciate. I had applied to Boston for 2014 cycle but have not heard anything from them. So really feeling depressed and worried.

Dear All,

I want to start this thread for people who are finding it hard to get admission. This is more dedicated to fellow international dentists who have been trying for more than 3 years. It has been a constant struggle for me. My questions are:

1. How long have you been trying?
2. What do you think with all the seats from NYU also going away ( becoming a 4 year program)?
3. How much gas have you got left to keep at it?
4. Did anybody choose an alternative and are happy about their choice?
5. Has anybody given up totally?

This post is not to make a count of who failed. It is intended to give solace to folks that they are not alone.

Thanks
Moti

I am in my final year of dental school in the philippines. I do not know what an equivalent GPA would be, but my grades are definitely average, far from extraordinary. No exaggeration, as i am delayed a year due to failed subjects during my pre dent program.

I am also looking desperately for guidance, as i know only a handful are accepted into these programs annually. This brings me to my question, how much weight does your GPA actually hold in terms of getting accepted into the program?

I would truly appreciate any information.....at all. Thank you in advance. Hoping for the best for all of us.