ethics fellowship at auschwitz?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted980662

i'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with – or has participated in – the FASPE ethics fellowship for medical students/residents? it looks like a very cool program. residents and rising MS4s spend two weeks in poland and germany visiting historical sites from the holocaust and participating in group discussions on professional ethics. airfare, lodging, and other costs are paid for by the fellowship itself. afterward, students submit a written essay about philosophical or ethical topic, which gets published in the FASPE journal.

sounds enlightening, and it's probably something that would stand out in a residency application. apparently the program itself is very competitive (1,000 students apply for ~70 spots across its five programs for medical students, law students, journalism students, etc.) and the website boasts about its alumni network of previous FASPE fellows. looking at the page of previous medical fellows, a big chunk of them are from harvard, yale, JHU, etc.

i would love to hear about anyone's thoughts or personal experience with FASPE. as an MS1 without an ethics background, what kind of things could i do to boost my competitiveness for a program like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I opened this thread really confused thinking they’d opened some kind of medical fellowship at Auschwitz and we were going to discuss the ethics of it. Mildly disappointed that it wasn’t some crazy topic, but relieved that isn’t something that is happening.

It sounds like a unique experience and I doubt you’ll get much feedback here. It seems small and not geared toward medicine so you may be better off with general google and reviews.

Reactions: 1 user