etsu interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmaMaya

Pre-Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get an interview invite for ETSU on October 13th?

Members don't see this ad.

good luck! when did you find out? did you apply early decision?

Thanks :) Definitely not ED...I'm aiming for Ohio State pretty hard, but I figure I'll go and interview and see how it goes.

They sent me an email the 24th, the same day Pharmcas recieved my PCAT score so I guess they saw that and decided to extend the offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one, too. Do most people bring someone with them to the interview or just go alone?

I'm going alone, but thats really only because I already live in Johnson City and my husband toured the school with me last summer. If/When I go to any other interviews, I will probably bring my husband if its allowed. So I guess its up to you. :) I think it'd be fine either way...they wouldn't extend the offer in email if it would make a negative impression or hinder your chances.

Is this your top choice? Are you currently attending ETSU?

Yeah, ETSU is my first choice. I'm doing early decision. I wonder how many are interviewing that day?

I'm currently a Junior at ETSU.

I'll be there as well for ED. I'm starting to get kind of nervous.

i also got interview on october 13. got my stuff in early. i graduated in mayfrom etsu. i @ am currently a cpt @ local pharmacy with 4 years experience. i live in jc.

pcat 68
gpa 3.5:love:
major chem
minoe psy

wish me luck

Does anyone know how many ED applicants they accept? I know the Pre-Pharmacy Plus Program people are interviewing on the 13th, too.

I've been wondering this as well. It'd be awesome to have this entire application process wrapped up in the next few weeks.

How did the interview go today y'all? I've got mine on November 3rd!

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed yesterday. went great. i love this school. i hope i get an offer. good luck to you. it very laid back. not stressful at all. just practice your questions u b fine

please post ur etsu interview feedback. did you like the school and their program?

Does anyone else have an interview november 3rd?

I think they are pretty good. Considering I think they accept about 72% of how many they interview.

That's awesome... at UNC they tell you your chances after the interview are more like 50/50. I've driven around ETSU's campus and know a few undergrads there, but have never actually been inside the pharmacy school. Should be a good time.

Yeah from what I've read on pharmcas they interview like 185, accept 135, but the class size is only 80 people. That means that about 65 people end up going somewhere else. The only thing that I can guess is that the high tuition keeps those people away. This is good for us that are dead set on going to etsu. What are your thoughts?

I would love to go to ETSU and it's actually my second-cheapest option. UNC's tuition is something like $15,000 a year but I'm not sure if that difference is enough to keep me in Chapel Hill for another 4 years. The more I read about ETSU, the more I like it. If I'm accepted, I'll probably go.

ETA: Actually, I just checked out the costs sections of their website... that's steeper than expected but not enough to scare me away.

Last edited:
Let us know as soon as you find out 10/13 interview group!

I'll be at the interview on 11/3. I just had my belmont interview today it was really laid back! I hope the ETSU one is just as laid back!

That's cool utvols19. Is etsu your first choice?

hi there! i'm actually interested in applying to ETSU... would yall mind sharing yalls stat? those who have applied and have been invited! thanks so much!!

That's cool utvols19. Is etsu your first choice?

Hey dr2b14 I don't think its my first choice but its near the top of my list. This will be my 4th interview so far so I'll get to compare it the schools I have seen so far.

Would anyone like to mention what questions were asked? What questions did you ask?

got my letter today. my application was put on hold. im devasted! im not giving up hope though. my interview was on oct 13th.:(:(:(

I had my interview on 10/13 and got my acceptance call on Wednesday!

what exactly does it mean to be put on hold after the interview process? is that the same as being waitlisted?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Did they give a reason? I'm not sure how they do it..if they start accepting people by the order it which they were put on hold...or by strength of each application. It's kinda like waitlisted,yeah. Never give up, never surrender!

I got a call on Wednesday for my acceptance from the Oct. 13th interview. Does anyone know how long we have to give them an answer?

I thought he said 3 weeks when he called, but the letter says 10 days. I sent in my deposit today.

Does anyone have any insight to how etsu might handle their waitlist? I only ask because it will soon be an issue for many applicants. I would think they would simply pull applicants off in the order they were waitlisted instead of ranking individuals. They have too little time and too many decisions to make as far as interviews and acceptances go. Please post your thoughts.

i was in group a on 10/13. i was put on hold. i emailed admissions to see exactly what that means & if i was given a ranking # etc. & also how they choose from the waitlisted apps. i will post the reply as soon as I hear. i was not given a reason as to what my app was put on hold. I WILL NEVER GIVE UP UNTIL I GET A DENIAL LETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

If anyone has been to the ETSU interview and another school please provide a bit of differences?

I went to Belmont & Mercer last week for interviews and they were very different experiences. Both were good but different.

Thank you in advance!

I went to the ETSU oct 13th interview and the Belmont interview oct 18th...I choose ETSU.

I went to the ETSU oct 13th interview and the Belmont interview oct 18th...I choose ETSU.

I was at the Belmont interview on the 18th as well. If you don't mind sharing why ETSU for you? How did they compare?

Thank you!

I was at the Belmont interview on the 18th as well. If you don't mind sharing why ETSU for you? How did they compare?]

I liked both schools and if I had just interviewed at Belmont I would have went there not questions asked once I was accepted but I had the interview at ETSU the Wednesday before so I got to experience the great atmosphere at ETSU. The dean is so enthusiastic and excited about his pharmacy school that you can't leave the school without being truly impressed. I felt at home there which says a lot since I live 6 hrs away and only 2 hours away from Belmont. I hope what I have said helps. Good luck with your decision. It was a extremely hard one for me to make but it was a good decision to have to make because they are both great schools.

I was at the Belmont interview on the 18th as well. If you don't mind sharing why ETSU for you? How did they compare?]

I liked both schools and if I had just interviewed at Belmont I would have went there not questions asked once I was accepted but I had the interview at ETSU the Wednesday before so I got to experience the great atmosphere at ETSU. The dean is so enthusiastic and excited about his pharmacy school that you can't leave the school without being truly impressed. I felt at home there which says a lot since I live 6 hrs away and only 2 hours away from Belmont. I hope what I have said helps. Good luck with your decision. It was a extremely hard one for me to make but it was a good decision to have to make because they are both great schools.

Thank you very much for your insite! I have an interesting decision as well been accepted into Belmont (mid size city) and Mercer (large city) now hopefully ETSU (small city). I am excited about the ETSU interview.

Congrats again for getting into a great situation for yourself! And thank you again!

ETSU is so much more of an amazing school than I ever thought it would be from my research pre-interview. They have so many good classes and a range of electives that I haven't seen at other schools (including a veterinary pharmacy elective). ETSU also seems really motivated to put the students first. Their class size is only 80 people so I know I'll be seen as an individual rather than a grade or a name. Every student that currently attends ETSU has nothing but positives to say about the faculty and the education they've received there. I also learned during the interview that ETSU is the only privately funded pharmacy school that is part of a public university. Their medical school is public. Their COP was forced to be privately funded because the state budget wouldn't allow another pharmacy school, but this side of the state desperately needed one. I feel at home when I walk into the building, and I've not gotten at from the other 2 schools I've visitted (Washington and Ohio State).

They announced at the 10/13 interview that not only did they get their accreditation but their NAPLEX results from the spring are in and it's nearly a 97% pass rate!!

I'm the type of obsessive person that I have been researching different pharmacy schools for the past year and yet somehow in all my research I never realized how amazing etsu is until the day I interviewed. I was totally blown away and now I'll most likely be going to etsu next fall. I'm just so thankful I decided to interview at this little school that I had almost written off my list...because they completely surprised me (in a good way) and I feel blessed to be accepted there!

I didn't know about the school being private until my interview. I felt at home also. I was completely surprized by the school on my interview day. I hate to say it was the pharmacy school onthe bottom of my list but it was. But after spending the day there I could not deny that this was were I wanted to spend the next four years of my life.

I didn't know about the school being private until my interview. I felt at home also. I was completely surprized by the school on my interview day. I hate to say it was the pharmacy school onthe bottom of my list but it was. But after spending the day there I could not deny that this was were I wanted to spend the next four years of my life.

:thumbup: very true. It was definitely at the bottom of my list. I basically went to the interview to "practice" the interview process for later on with schools I really wanted to go to. It really speaks for them to be able to change our hearts and minds so effectively in 1 day. I went by a week later to drop off my deposit check and as I walked through the halls I just felt so much peace. With me, ETSU was definitely the underdog, and they came through and won. Bravo to them for that.

I've heard this sentiment from everyone who's interviewed there. I'll see on Wednesday, but right now I'm thinking ETSU's my #1 choice despite the price.

All the schools I applied to were private so ETSU's price did not play a factor in my decision