European 6 Year Medical Programs!!!!

JeremyDyer33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So, I'm currently in my last year of High School and enrolled in the IB program. I was interested in attenting a 6 year medican program in Europe (I'm currently living and a citizen of Canada) and just wanted to get some opinions? I know a lot of these direct entry medical school require physics, chem and bio, but I'm only doing IB Biology and IB Chemistry. Can anyone tell me if I can bypass this three science rule somehow in many schools? Right now, the best school I found that will accept with without physics is University of Szeged in Hungary. Anyone have any information on this school, or if it's worth my time going there? I've heard some people say it's a little sketchy. Also, will it be hard to come back to Canada to practice? Would it be worthwhile financially to stay in Europe and worrk?

ANY insight would be awesome, and greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Happy thanks giving! : )

Jeremy

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, you may not find many people on here with this kind of information. The best bet is to call or email schools you are interested in and ask them directly.

Hey everyone!

So, I'm currently in my last year of High School and enrolled in the IB program. I was interested in attenting a 6 year medican program in Europe (I'm currently living and a citizen of Canada) and just wanted to get some opinions? I know a lot of these direct entry medical school require physics, chem and bio, but I'm only doing IB Biology and IB Chemistry. Can anyone tell me if I can bypass this three science rule somehow in many schools? Right now, the best school I found that will accept with without physics is University of Szeged in Hungary. Anyone have any information on this school, or if it's worth my time going there? I've heard some people say it's a little sketchy. Also, will it be hard to come back to Canada to practice? Would it be worthwhile financially to stay in Europe and worrk?

ANY insight would be awesome, and greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Happy thanks giving! : )

Jeremy

I am from BC. From what I have heard, coming back to Canada and work is very hard for IMG and FMG.

You might want to do your medical school in Canada.

there is a forum on SDN that specifically discusses foreign medical training. this thread explains the differences, pros, cons, and concerns of international medical coursework. in this forum, there are specific threads for each area: india, europe, caribbean, australia, etc.

look it up.