Program-Specific Info / Q's EWU Spokane Location

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT_Dreamer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from EWU saying that I've been invited to do an interview next month! I'm looking forward to it as I've read nothing but great things about the program, but I'm hesitant because of everything I've read and heard about the crime level in the Spokane area. Is there anyone who can share their experience attending the EWU Spokane campus? Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @OT_Dreamer I've been invited for an interview as well. The crime level was a concern when I first started my research, but as I've learned more I found that the area around the campus is fairly safe. Spokane is supposed to be a pretty family friendly city. You can find info on the safest neighborhoods here: https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wa/spokane/crime/.

Hi @OT_Dreamer I've been invited for an interview as well. The crime level was a concern when I first started my research, but as I've learned more I found that the area around the campus is fairly safe. Spokane is supposed to be a pretty family friendly city. You can find info on the safest neighborhoods here: https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wa/spokane/crime/.
What a relief! Thanks so much for the info. I'm from CA so I'm pretty unfamiliar with the state in general. I'm going to have to do some serious exploring once I get to Spokane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm not going to EWU but am from Spokane (mead area). EWU is great because it's in Cheney which is always out of town so you have a close community and can venture into the city for weekends etc. Spokane is very diversified and that is reflected in crime in certain areas....as long as you don't live in the "bad" areas you could never see crime as most of the city is pretty well kept.

Hi, I'm not going to EWU but am from Spokane (mead area). EWU is great because it's in Cheney which is always out of town so you have a close community and can venture into the city for weekends etc. Spokane is very diversified and that is reflected in crime in certain areas....as long as you don't live in the "bad" areas you could never see crime as most of the city is pretty well kept.
I'm glad to hear that the city is well kept. I don't know if I'm mistaken, but I think I read on the EWU website that the OT program is taught at the Spokane campus near the river, and not the main campus in Cheney.

I'm glad to hear that the city is well kept. I don't know if I'm mistaken, but I think I read on the EWU website that the OT program is taught at the Spokane campus near the river, and not the main campus in Cheney.
I didn't know that but that could be cool. I did undergrad at Washington state and they share the downtown campus area with Wsu, EWU and I want to say one other school but I'm not sure- but I have visited and it's a cute small campus on the river. It is downtown and a great new development opened near by-Kendall yards. It's near gonzaga university and dowbtown riverfront mall/park.

I didn't know that but that could be cool. I did undergrad at Washington state and they share the downtown campus area with Wsu, EWU and I want to say one other school but I'm not sure- but I have visited and it's a cute small campus on the river. It is downtown and a great new development opened near by-Kendall yards. It's near gonzaga university and dowbtown riverfront mall/park.
I'll have to look up Kendall Yards and Riverfront mall/park. I hope we all get into EWU!