exam in 2 days, freaking out!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

intuition

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to become one of those kids that walk into the exam room knowing full on they're going to ace the test. Even if I know the stuff, I freak out, and end up doing worst then I could have.

If I were to take my physics exam at this exact moment I'd probably get a 65%, so only two more days to study so I can get A, since that's my goal. I hope I can do it!

Members don't see this ad.

not to be cruel...but why was this thread created?

either way, good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
The average kid doesnt even THINK about the test until two days before it, or even the night before....chill out! It's one test!

I'm pretty sure half of the people or more that look at this board consistently go into exams knowing everything but still freak out.

I know I do that all the time.

I'm guessing the OP is looking for support/encouragement.
Wild guess!

OP, first off, re: that A in physics...it's good to have realistic goals.:laugh: I had like a 73% average in physics (calc-based) and the almighty curve and even greater relative stupidity of my classmates turned it into a B+. But after taking 3 semesters of physics, I have to say, you either get it or you don't. And if you don't get it (like myself, no illusions here), you just can't get an A. Generally, in your average physics class, 60% of the class will be completely clueless, 39% will be pretty lost, and 1% (they usually have thick glasses and bad skin) aces every exam without even coming to class. :laugh: And kill the curve. :mad: And I feel you in that with some courses, it seems like no matter how much work you do, you can't surpass a certain barrier. For me it was also physics, and right now is enviro chem. I studied my @$$ off, but it's quite possible that I might only get a B on the midterm I wrote yesterday (not so bad overall, but kind of a problem because I have to maintain a 3.7 this year for one of my top choice Canadian schools). In retrospect, I don't think that it's that bad - it helps you realize that you have limits and keeps the ol' ego in check, so various failures in the future (which will undoubtedly happen) will be easier to handle and less of a shock.

You know what gets my nerves boiling? Neurotic pre-meds like you that have to let EVERYONE know how stressed they are and how they have studied 6 months in advance for a midterm and they act like they are going to do horrible.

Please, get a hold of yourself, and grow up a little.

Wild guess!

OP, first off, re: that A in physics...it's good to have realistic goals.:laugh: I had like a 73% average in physics (calc-based) and the almighty curve and even greater relative stupidity of my classmates turned it into a B+. But after taking 3 semesters of physics, I have to say, you either get it or you don't. And if you don't get it (like myself, no illusions here), you just can't get an A. Generally, in your average physics class, 60% of the class will be completely clueless, 39% will be pretty lost, and 1% (they usually have thick glasses and bad skin) aces every exam without even coming to class. :laugh: And kill the curve. :mad: And I feel you in that with some courses, it seems like no matter how much work you do, you can't surpass a certain barrier. For me it was also physics, and right now is enviro chem. I studied my @$$ off, but it's quite possible that I might only get a B on the midterm I wrote yesterday (not so bad overall, but kind of a problem because I have to maintain a 3.7 this year for one of my top choice Canadian schools). In retrospect, I don't think that it's that bad - it helps you realize that you have limits and keeps the ol' ego in check, so various failures in the future (which will undoubtedly happen) will be easier to handle and less of a shock.

I somewhat agree: I took calc-based physics and an A in Mech and a low B in E&M (electricity and magnetism). I sucked at calculus, but was able to understand Mechanics, but I was clueless on E & M. I think in all physics it's like that, at least at our school, P 1 is not too hard to get, but P 2 is just awful and it makes you want to kill yourself. Especially mutual inductance...:scared:

The average kid doesnt even THINK about the test until two days before it, or even the night before....chill out! It's one test!

one test that will decide his fate when he applies to medical school :laugh:

You know what gets my nerves boiling? Neurotic pre-meds like you that have to let EVERYONE know how stressed they are and how they have studied 6 months in advance for a midterm and they act like they are going to do horrible.

Please, get a hold of yourself, and grow up a little.

I wish I'd studied earlier, and little bit everyday. I had this weekend free, and I didn't even get that much studying down. Now, that's pathetic..the procrastination, I just want a way out is all.

one test that will decide his fate when he applies to medical school :laugh:

sorry for seeming ( being) neurotic. I guess I freak out, because I'm trying to make up for a bad 1st year academically and then taking a break (or dropping out) from school for a year after that, and now coming back to school and starting again.

So I feel like the only way to "redeem" myself and show med schools I can handle the coursework, is getting a 4.0 every semester from here on out.

Threads like these are what make me less inclined to browse through the Pre-Allopathic forums more and more each day. No one really cares about your personal neurotic issues and this thread has absolutely no useful information for premedical students. Please, make your next one a little more helpful to others, rather than just fishing for some sort of reassuring compliments.

And to address your issue: study more if you don't feel ready, don't waste your time online. Who would have thought the solution would be so simple?

Wild guess!

Generally, in your average physics class, 60% of the class will be completely clueless, 39% will be pretty lost, and 1% (they usually have thick glasses and bad skin) aces every exam without even coming to class. :laugh: And kill the curve. :mad: And I feel you in that with some courses, it see.

I have gotten a 100 on all 3 of my first exams (trig based) and I don't have thick glasses (I do have glasses cuz I hated contacts) and I have good skin (thanks to my dermatologist!)... and I don't go to class. Basically I took it in high school with an amazing retired Georgia Tech professor and my brain can move the stuff around. I enter and exit every test thinking I failed but that almighty curve is on my side!

OP- just work the problems know the concepts, and equations and then its all basic algebra maneuvering from there! but it does that practice- and a better text than what my school uses (I use my high school one)

Two days is like an eternity as long as it's not a heavy subject like organic chem.

edit: assuming this isn't the first time you've looked at the material, ie, your notes/textbook/lecture slides/etc

sorry for seeming ( being) neurotic. I guess I freak out, because I'm trying to make up for a bad 1st year academically and then taking a break (or dropping out) from school for a year after that, and now coming back to school and starting again.

So I feel like the only way to "redeem" myself and show med schools I can handle the coursework, is getting a 4.0 every semester from here on out.

just so you know, I wasn't being sarcastic. I really wasn't. Sorry for using the LOL emoticon at the end of the sentence.

anyway, I believe that what you get on one big exam can make a difference especially when you are at the borderline between two grades (A and B)

btw, don't come back to SDN until you have taken the exam and aced it