Exam scheduled in 3 weeks--advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NicMouse64

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I was wondering if you guys could help me with my best path moving forward. I am aiming for a 230 for a July 30 test date. Here's where I'm at:
CBSE 1 January: 155
CBSE 2 March: 185
CBSE 3 June: 201
CBSE 4 July 6: 209
UWSA 1: 230--took June 12th
U world: 65% done, 66% correct.

I am currently going through first aid and underlining the key words I get wrong, rereading pathoma, doing a bit of anki with immuno/anatomy/pharm. I want to finish U-world and go through my marked questions, finish pharm and some other weak areas. A couple questions:
1. Is a 230 attainable from a 209 CBSE and 230 UWSA1 if my exam is in 3 weeks?
2. What else should I be doing? NBME 18? when? UWSA 2? when? other NBMEs??

Thank you, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! You can make a lot of progress in a matter of 2-3 weeks. To see significant score boosts, more questions and practice tests are key! I would recommend going through NBMEs/UWSAs every 2-3 days from now until test day to build your endurance and optimize the number of timed blocks you are doing. On the days you are not doing practice tests or reviewing them (make sure you thoroughly review all your practice tests!), get through 1-2 timed 40Q blocks. Spend extra time on the questions that you get wrong and really try to understand why you got them wrong. Refer to First Aid for every question you come across and make sure you know all the information in First Aid related to that question and topic. Continue utilizing those Anki cards and start working through the high yield pages at the end of First Aid and make sure you are comfortable with all of those concepts. Start jotting down memorization heavy topics that you come across on a separate sheet of paper. Then spend time reviewing those topics several days before test day. Finally, start mentally and physically preparing yourself for test day. Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Eat well and try to fit in at least 20-30 minutes of exercise daily. Set your alarm so that you are waking up around the same time you will on test day.

Best of luck!! You've got this!!

- Annette G, MD, MPH - USMLE Tutor and Residency Advisor at Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user