Examkrackers 6th Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I noticed that Examkrackers are coming out with a sixth edition in the next week or so; I searched for the 6th edition on Amazon but I could only find the 5th editions. Any idea when Amazon will start stocking the next edition? do you really think it will make enough of a difference to wait to buy the books til the next edition comes out?

Good luck with studying :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Anastasis said:
Hey everyone!

I noticed that Examkrackers are coming out with a sixth edition in the next week or so; I searched for the 6th edition on Amazon but I could only find the 5th editions. Any idea when Amazon will start stocking the next edition? do you really think it will make enough of a difference to wait to buy the books til the next edition comes out?

I think the 5th ed. will be fine. It'll be cheaper too.

Anastasis said:
Hey everyone!

i ordered my 6th editions from amazon.ca a week ago but now it's out of stock. it was more expensive but i'm getting them around nov 11th. i dunno why amazon.com isn't selling the 6th editions though.

Even for the 5th edition, just be warned: I ordered my EK books from Amazon about this time last year, and they kept "postponing" my order, sending me updates like "your order will ship Nov 15th," and then when that date comes around, they'll send another email saying "Your order will ship by December 1st," etc. They did this at least 3 or 4 times. I finally got my books in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
happened to me as well on Amazon. Cancelled my order after about 5 weeks of that and luckily I was ordering my books 6 months before the MCAT.

NapeSpikes said:
Even for the 5th edition, just be warned: I ordered my EK books from Amazon about this time last year, and they kept "postponing" my order, sending me updates like "your order will ship Nov 15th," and then when that date comes around, they'll send another email saying "Your order will ship by December 1st," etc. They did this at least 3 or 4 times. I finally got my books in January.

:confused:

Based on what people are saying here, I just canceled my order from Amazon.com of the 5th EK complete package. It seems like examkrackers.com is the only website selling the 6th edition (at full price 174.99). Are online discount booksellers going to have them in stock soon? Anybody knows anything about it? What's my best bet? I'm using an old kaplan (2000) to study now.

how much difference is going to be between the 5th and 6th editions anyway? I hope not a lot because i just got some 5th edition books the other day :(

sweetstuff25 said:
i ordered my 6th editions from amazon.ca a week ago but now it's out of stock. it was more expensive but i'm getting them around nov 11th. i dunno why amazon.com isn't selling the 6th editions though.

So your order went through and THEN they told you it was out of stock? I just ordered the 6th Edition Complete Package from Amazon.COM and it was only about 10$ more expensive than the 5th edition.

FYI, I ordered the complete ExamKrackers set 6th ed. from the actually company on Monday, and they shipped it out today, and UPS says I should get in on Thursday (1/19/2006), incase you guys or someone else needs to purchase it. I was going to buy mine from Amazon, or ebay, but either they were out of stock, or the person who was selling it had bad reviews from past buyers.

R~

Gavanshir said:
So your order went through and THEN they told you it was out of stock? I just ordered the 6th Edition Complete Package from Amazon.COM and it was only about 10$ more expensive than the 5th edition.

Gavanshir said:
I ordered my set yesterday. Let me know if you get yours early.

I would definately go for the 6th edition. It'll be updated completely for the new content revisions. 5th edition would be fine, but 6th is definately better.

You can order them now from the EK website, they'll get it to you quickly however it will be more expensive. They don't release them to any other source (Amazon, etc.) until later to maximize initial profits.

Heads up:

I just bought the 6th edn from Walmart for cheap. It's in stock and will arrive on Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor said:

I got an email saying it was shipped today, and estimated arrival date was Feb. 1st; it's longer due to international shipping.

The EK website is still answering questions about the 5th edition as well as the 6th. I'm not sure how long that will last. Having readily available PhDs answering questions is THE BEST. I strongly suggest that anyone using the EK books avail themselves of this forum.
I also really like the 1001 questions. Every topic is laid out with simple questions covering every wrinkle.
Yea, I teach for TPR. So I have to add that a downside of EKs is that their teachers must teach multiple subjects. EK wanted me to teach VR, Bio, & Orgo. I'm with TPR because I only felt comfortable teaching Bio.

Amazon kept delaying my order also. I waited about 3 months until I cancelled my order and just went to the company's website to buy the books. It cost a little more, but I think they came in about a week.

BrettBatchelor said:

I received my books today. That was pretty fast. Only crazy thing is that they left the box outside of my apartment door! That doesn't usually happen but anyway I got them and I'm a happy camper.

I read in an old thread form someone who recently purchased the 6th edition that some of the errors from the 5th edition are still present. Anyone want to comment for sure?

Sundarban1 said:
I read in an old thread form someone who recently purchased the 6th edition that some of the errors from the 5th edition are still present. Anyone want to comment for sure?
I'll confirm when they come in. They were in Illinois yesterday morning so they should get here today although the estimated delivery date is 1/30!!!!!!

i ordered my ek 6th ed.through amazon on sunday and i got it today....wow! super fast shipping...
anyways i had a little pick so far and i think the books are great. I definetly think they are much more approuchable and orginized then Kaplan course books which i have been using for a past week or so.
But it is good to hit the mcat from different angles i guess...
i also ordered osmosis...
good luck to everyone :luck:
p.sthis forum is highly addictive :mad:
back to studying LOL

Dr Trek 1 said:
I would definately go for the 6th edition. It'll be updated completely for the new content revisions. 5th edition would be fine, but 6th is definately better.

You can order them now from the EK website, they'll get it to you quickly however it will be more expensive. They don't release them to any other source (Amazon, etc.) until later to maximize initial profits.

That's bullcrap.

I bought the 5th edition by accident last week because the stupid UCLA medical center bookstore still carries them instead of the 6th edition. Didn't know about the 6th until I came home. Anyways, I had a chance to flip through the 6th edition and it is 98% similar to the 5th. Same diagrams, text, corny cartoons, even page numbers. See for yourself if you don't believe me. The 2% difference is due to an added mini-biography in the back about Dr. Jerry something who edited the content.