Examkrackers MCAT 2015 Biology 1 book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shreyasthegreat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I'm a pretty longtime lurker and figured it was about time I started posting more. So, without further ado...

I bought the MCAT Examkrackers Biology 1: Molecules book, and I know I had a lot of questions about it prior to buying, but those have been answered now, albeit replaced with a newer worry: It's pretty short, even if it's only half of Examkracker's Biology.

Anyways, I did want to contribute more details about the book that I couldn't find earlier:

It is 4 chapters:
Biological Molecules & Enzymes (Pages 1 through 26)
Genetics (Pages 29 to 60)
Metabolism (Pages 67 to 86)
Laboratory Techniques (Pages 89 to 107)

It also includes the 30 minute In-Class Exams for each chapter. In addition there are questions corresponding to each chapter:
discretes #1 to 24 (total: 24) for Biological Molecules & Enzymes
discretes #25 to 48 (total:24) for Genetics
discretes #49 to 72 (total: 24) for Metabolism
discretes #73 to 96 (total: 24) for Laboratory Techniques

Final Comments: I never realized the Examkrackers book would be so short, so I'm hoping for some reassurance that this isn't atypical due to the nature of the new exam and I really hope the information I've provided with regards to the book proves useful for those who may be interested in buying it.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it actually different in content material and practice material as the older ones?

I also have Examkrackers 7th edition Biology and while a lot of the questions seem similar, there also appear to be a good bunch of new ones. Also, the metabolism chapter looks pretty new and even older chapters, while very similar, have been updated. It seems like they've added in the material required for the new exam and kept the older stuff that the MCAT chose to keep. That's just my 0.02 though.