Expired MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cthonicYODEL

Reaction score
I have an expired MCAT score of 520+ and I am planning on taking my MCAT again next month. I am not sure if I can score as highly the second time around since I am studying while working full-time. How much do schools take expired scores into account?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an expired MCAT score of 520+ and I am planning on taking my MCAT again next month. I am not sure if I can score as highly the second time around since I am studying while working full-time. How much do schools take expired scores into account?
They will see the previous score too but will still expect you to retake if it is expired.
TMDSAS schools accept a score up to 5 years old, so if you have an interest in Texas your 520+ is still valid

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the forums.

The expiration window is an admissions committee policy. You must comply with the requirement or you will be screened out, even with a 520+ prior score. Following directions is very important.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That depends upon the individual screener and interviewer, But many people Average multiple scores.

Thanks for your replies. Also trying to get a gauge on how much explaining I will need to do when schools see my previous score. I saw a related thread which answered a lot of my questions.