Explain if your transcripts represent an accurate picture of you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treebee333

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am applying to UPenns pre-health post bacc. One of the application questions is "In 150 words or less, please explain if you believe your transcripts and other records do not present an accurate picture of your ability".

I am not sure what to say for this question. I do not have the best GPA due to a stressful home environment. My house has been a pretty hostile and sometimes violent environment throughout undergrad and as a result, I was pretty depressed and did not work as hard as I should have. I know that if i leave the house, I'd be able to do much better but I don't know what to disclose because thats not really something I can prove to the admission committee. I also don't want to seem like I'm asking for sympathy or pity but I want to get the situation across. Has anyone else been in this situation or thoughts on what I should include?

Members don't see this ad.

Say what you want to say, in the mildest terms, without putting the blame on others.

A hostile home environment can utterly destroy one's capacity to focus on school.

100% understandable, OP. No one is immune to family.