Exposure to Covid 19 after 2 mRNA shots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Totally agree. They made their choice to forego medical care. Safe and effective vaccines made in record time with high efficacy that the rest of the world is clamoring for. Yet these people are willfully killing themselves with their own stupidity. There's only so much a system can take before there are mass resignations and bankrupt hospitals. Burnout is already high in the emergency department even without all this covid nonsense.
That’s my only concern that if we bankrupt the systems, they’ll rebuild without physicians.

i told my parents, that is on the back of my mind.

people will keep working as long as we are getting paid, but if the pay stops, there is no way My nurses will continue with people forgo vaccination on purpose and getting sick.

Members don't see this ad.

The efficacy of the current mRNA vaccines are much lower against the Delta variant. Israel is reporting 35-40 percent in terms of protection against illness. Currently, we are protected against severe illness but that could change. Still, Israel is reporting patients who are getting moderate delta variant infections even after 2 mRNA shots. I firmly believe we are all still at risk while we do our jobs every single day. We need a booster or third shot this fall so we can go on with our work without getting the actual Covid symptoms.

I meant to post we should be offered the option of a third dose or booster.

• Pfizer and BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, according to a new report from the country's Health Ministry.
  • The two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data.
Can you reference this please (mRNA vaccine has 39% efficacy)? Nhs nejm published data is much better https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you reference this please (mRNA vaccine has 39% efficacy)? Nhs nejm published data is much better https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891
Please remember the experts separate Mild/moderate illness from severe illness. mrna vaccines are still very effective against SEVERE illness vs only a 39% effectiveness against mild/moderate illness. But, for me even moderate illness is something I want to avoid so I am not out of work for 2-3 weeks recovering from Covid 19.

Please remember the experts separate Mild/moderate illness from severe illness. mrna vaccines are still very effective against SEVERE illness vs only a 39% effectiveness against mild/moderate illness. But, for me even moderate illness is something I want to avoid so I am not out of work for 2-3 weeks recovering from Covid 19.

Absolutely agree with that but you didn't specify mild disease. I also only have so many neurons and have little interest discovering any chronic symptoms. I got influenza one year and had 3 months of post viral tuasice syndrome and aspiration(subjective) at night- Which was miserable

Reactions: 1 user

I'm all for the $100 gift card or payments to incentivize the most vulnerable people who have not been vaccinated.

How can one get themselves a 3rd shot in the US? I don't care about these selfish dinguses anymore and I'll freely take the 3rd dose they are denying themselves if it means protection for myself and family from their kamikaze behavior. I don't know why we're fighting so hard to help those who would rather follow their Dear Leader off a cliff blindly...

Can I just say that I am unvaccinated to get a dose? Or is there some national database that shows who is vaccinated?

Reactions: 4 users
How can one get themselves a 3rd shot in the US? I don't care about these selfish dinguses anymore and I'll freely take the 3rd dose they are denying themselves if it means protection for myself and family from their kamikaze behavior. I don't know why we're fighting so hard to help those who would rather follow their Dear Leader off a cliff blindly...

Can I just say that I am unvaccinated to get a dose? Or is there some national database that shows who is vaccinated?
Every vaccination gets registered into the PMP/Immunization registry. One click will show them that you are lying.

I would be willing to take a "booster". As someone who will be undergoing chemo next week, this scares me. I am thankful I can work from home, and thus can become a hermit once again. I know that my institution is one that is requiring all employees become vaccinated; our ICU is full. There have been interviews with our docs, who have said that all of those with COVID in the ICU are unvaccinated. It makes me sad that people can be stupid. Like my eldest grandson. We have told him that we love him, but will not have any contact with him, as he has decided not to get vaccinated. We just can't take the risk right now of me catching it.

• Care

100% I would get a third shot. Hopefully they start offering them, I heard nationwide there are many doses set to expire, I would hope they don’t just waste them.

Until the CDC changes their stance I don’t think we can get a third. Maybe we will get some data fro Israel showing the third shot is helpful.

• The efficacy of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine steadily declines to about 84% about six months after a second dose, according to CEO Albert Bourla.
  • Data from Israel shows the waning immunity also erodes protection from severe illness.
  • The vaccine’s initial studies showed it protected people 100% of the time against hospitalization, but that falls to low 90% and mid-to-high 80% after six months, he said.

Last edited:
Oh I'm annoyed with them, and I disagree with their decision, mainly because of the risk they pose to vaccine-ineligible people, but I'm not going to advocate mandatory vaccination at this point. (Short of that what can we do?) I'm not worried about myself or my family - the odds of us being a breakthrough COVID case with mortality or lasting morbidity is far less than other risks we accept every day.

I think we're past 50% for people who've had at least one dose.

All of the hospitals systems in my area have starting the process of making vaccination mandatory. Only exceptions are religious and Allergy to vaccine or its components. Don't know yet how they plan to enforce it, but both hospital employees and volunteers won't be allowed to work at the hospital. In my groups case, since we aren't hospital employees, our privileges would be temporarily suspended

I will gladly be inoculated with a 3rd dose of Pfizer...Once actual experts recommend it. There are plenty of COVID19 dilettantes out there recommending plenty of random **** and Pfizer has a commercial bias.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not saying that a third shot be mandatory. Rather, let those who think they need extra protection get a third dose. We have the vaccine doses available so let’s use them for those that want them.

The data posted online suggest that antibody levels against the Delta variant in people ages 18 to 55 who receive a third dose of vaccine are greater than five-fold than following a second dose. The effect is even more marked among older adults, according to the study.

So what do you guys think about the antibody vs. B-cell / T-cell distinction?

Supposedly even with a low antibody count you can still be primed to fight off COVID, but you’d still get really sick I imagine…

Have we seen any evidence that antibody level correlates with immune response efficacy? It is normal for antibody levels but not immunity to wane.

All of the hospitals systems in my area have starting the process of making vaccination mandatory. Only exceptions are religious and Allergy to vaccine or its components. Don't know yet how they plan to enforce it, but both hospital employees and volunteers won't be allowed to work at the hospital. In my groups case, since we aren't hospital employees, our privileges would be temporarily suspended
I've been surprised, sort of, all along that the military (especially the military hospital where I work) hasn't mandated vaccination. Easy legal footing. Lots of precedent for mandatory vaccination, even for dubious reasons with non-benign vaccines (smallpox) or shaky theory (anthrax - validated vs cutaneous disease from agricultural exposure, not weaponized inhalational disease). We already had a deployed carrier go offline because of COVID last year.

Have we seen any evidence that antibody level correlates with immune response efficacy? It is normal for antibody levels but not immunity to wane.
This isn't about "immunity" but rather illness. High Antibody levels are directly correlated with less or no symptoms. This research will be forthcoming very soon. Still, I concede there is likely sufficient immunity for the vast majority of people 18-55 to avoid hospitalization after 2 doses for mRNA shots. But, for some us taking 2 weeks off to recover from mild Covid isn't really easy to do in our line of work. Think about the impact of your colleagues each needing 2 weeks off at random due to symptoms. Sure, we will suck it up as always but is that necessary when we have the solution right in front of us?

In Israel and the United Kingdom, concerns about the delta variant are rising after growing reports of breakthrough infections.

Even with 80% of adults vaccinated, Chezy Levy, director-general of Israel’s Health Ministry, said the delta variant is responsible for 70% of new infections in the country. Levy also said that one-third of those new infections were in vaccinated individuals.

You would not stay home if positive and asymptomatic?

Why would anyone even get tested if asymptomatic at this point? Oh you were exposed to a COVID+ person? Have you been anywhere at anytime? Then you've been exposed to a COVID+ person. COVID is not at all contained and at this point essentially omnipresent. Follow your hospital's policies, but don't volunteer for a test that nobody else is taking that causes a sacrifice that nobody else is making.

Reactions: 3 users
more importantly how should this impact our day to day? Should we still socially distance when possible, should we mask in elevators and in indoor facilities . Seems, in addition to vaccines, most people (me included) are back to our pre covid routines for most part.
3rd vaccine maybe more beneficial to high risk individuals. There is still a chance of myocarditis, etc granted usually resolves but can be concerning .

Any changes in your precautions you’re doing with these breakthrough hospitalization despite being vaccinated

Last edited:
more importantly how should this do care our daughter to say lives? Should we still socially distance when possible, should we mask in elevators and in indoor facilities . Seems, in addition to vaccines, most people (me included) are back to our pre covid routines for most part.
3rd vaccine maybe more beneficial to high risk individuals. There is still a chance of myocarditis, etc granted usually resolves but can be concerning .

Any changes you’re doing with these breakthrough hospitalization?

what

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy mandated vaccines for a variety of the state’s frontline workers at a press conference Monday, setting a Sept. 7 deadline for employees spanning health care and jails.

Murphy added that employees who fail to get vaccinated must comply with regular coronavirus testing up to twice per week. The mandate applies to all staff in New Jersey’s hospitals, corrections facilities, and assisted living centers.

“I want to make perfectly clear...that if we do not see significant increases in vaccination rates among the employees in these settings, we are ready and willing to require all staff to be vaccinated as a condition of their employment,” Murphy said at the press conference.

Should employers like hospitals make vaccination mandatory? It may come to that very soon.

Gottlieb reiterated he believes the U.S. is further along in the pandemic wave than what’s being officially measured right now. He said again, as he did Friday, he wouldn’t be surprised if a million or more Americans are being infected each day. He said Monday that Florida is epicenter of Covid right now.

Gottlieb reiterated he believes the U.S. is further along in the pandemic wave than what’s being officially measured right now. He said again, as he did Friday, he wouldn’t be surprised if a million or more Americans are being infected each day. He said Monday that Florida is epicenter of Covid right now.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Then it mutates and tries again.

Reactions: 6 users
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy mandated vaccines for a variety of the state’s frontline workers at a press conference Monday, setting a Sept. 7 deadline for employees spanning health care and jails.

Murphy added that employees who fail to get vaccinated must comply with regular coronavirus testing up to twice per week. The mandate applies to all staff in New Jersey’s hospitals, corrections facilities, and assisted living centers.

“I want to make perfectly clear...that if we do not see significant increases in vaccination rates among the employees in these settings, we are ready and willing to require all staff to be vaccinated as a condition of their employment,” Murphy said at the press conference.

Should employers like hospitals make vaccination mandatory? It may come to that very soon.

I'm interested to see how many receptionists, techs, MA's, LPN's, etc...quit if the vaccine is mandated.

• Haha
I'm interested to see how many receptionists, techs, MA's, LPN's, etc...quit if the vaccine is mandated.
They certainly are the ones most likely to have the tranches of a Doterra side gig thus rendering them inert from the financial pressure of the deep state to get the vaccine.

• Haha
They certainly are the ones most likely to have the tranches of a Doterra side gig thus rendering them inert from the financial pressure of the deep state to get the vaccine.

This is all you need to fight COVID.

4D71EE66-BA65-4AA3-85CB-20D91698E2AC.jpeg

I find that rectal oregano has much greater efficacy than pedal. I save the frankincense for up front

• Haha
I find that rectal oregano has much greater efficacy than pedal. I save the frankincense for up front

Wrong!! Meta-analysis published in 1438 showed no difference between rectal vs footie oregano.

But I agree frankincense works best in the front.

• Haha

Mandate that the unvaccinated pay the cost of 150$ per test. $$, only $$talks.

Last edited:
FYI....Covid infections: 4 surgeons, 2 surgical techs, one anesthesiologist,,2 hospitalized., in one hospital OR area within the last 30 days...all vaccinated with either Pfizer, or Moderna...12/20-01/21.....most health care workers are more than 6 months past vaccination...time to booster

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
FYI....Covid infections: 4 surgeons, 2 surgical techs, one anesthesiologist,,2 hospitalized., in one hospital OR area within the last 30 days...all vaccinated with either Pfizer, or Moderna...12/20-01/21.....most health care workers are more than 6 months past vaccination...time to booster
Ehh we dont know that that is going to do anything to reduce infections definitively yet. A delta booster would be a much better sell.

what do we think about the delta surge in the UK where all the models were completely wrong and the cases just dropped off within a couple weeks? Is this much different?

Breakthrough cases are definitely real, at least in my neck of the woods. I had the full sequence of the Pfizer vax in Dec/Jan and just finished recovering from COVID last week. There were 4 of us in my immediate family who all had the entire sequence of shots and experienced breakthrough infection. We masked when out in public and in indoor spaces yet here we are. Luckily symptoms were mild and I have to believe that I have the vaccine to thank for that. Our hospital system is surging right now and have gone from 4 COVID inpatients at the beginning of July to 70 yesterday. 97% unvaccinated and that isn't surprising. There are quite a few of us providers who are out with breakthrough infection now as well. With the exception of a post-viral cough that occasionally flares at night, I feel pretty good.
Delta is the real deal but the vaccine is keeping us out of the hospital (as patients). :thumbup:

The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer (PFE.N) and BioNTech (22UAy.DE) may be less effective than Moderna's against the Delta variant of the coronavirus, according to two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday ahead of peer review. In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July - when the Delta variant was predominant - from 86% in early 2021. Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%, researchers said. While both vaccines remain effective at preventing COVID hospitalization, a Moderna booster shot may be necessary soon for anyone who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines earlier this year, said Dr. Venky Soundararajan of Massachusetts data analytics company nference, who led the Mayo study.

Ehh we dont know that that is going to do anything to reduce infections definitively yet. A delta booster would be a much better sell.
Moderna said its Covid-19 vaccine booster shot produced a “robust” antibody response against the highly contagious delta variant, according to details of a study released Thursday with the company’s second-quarter earnings report.

In a phase two trial, Moderna is testing a 50-microgram dose of three vaccine booster candidates in previously vaccinated individuals. The booster shots produced a promising immune response against three variants, including delta, with antibody levels approaching those seen in previously unvaccinated people who received two 100-microgram doses, the company said.

Moderna said its Covid-19 vaccine booster shot produced a “robust” antibody response against the highly contagious delta variant, according to details of a study released Thursday with the company’s second-quarter earnings report.

In a phase two trial, Moderna is testing a 50-microgram dose of three vaccine booster candidates in previously vaccinated individuals. The booster shots produced a promising immune response against three variants, including delta, with antibody levels approaching those seen in previously unvaccinated people who received two 100-microgram doses, the company said.
Again immunology 101–antibody levels is not an indicator of actual immunity. Memory T cells are all you need and you don’t need a ton To trigger a big response. This is about as useful as the ofirmev study that showed that Tylenol levels in blood were higher than with po Tylenol but if no actual correlation with improved pain control. It was an obvious proof of a basic concept with no clinical applicability.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer (PFE.N) and BioNTech (22UAy.DE) may be less effective than Moderna's against the Delta variant of the coronavirus, according to two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday ahead of peer review. In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July - when the Delta variant was predominant - from 86% in early 2021. Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%, researchers said. While both vaccines remain effective at preventing COVID hospitalization, a Moderna booster shot may be necessary soon for anyone who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines earlier this year, said Dr. Venky Soundararajan of Massachusetts data analytics company nference, who led the Mayo study.

Who funded the study? Moderna?

I’m certainly not one of those COVID naturopaths or antivaxxer but I’m on call tonight and am listening to a very convincing podcast about the efficacy of Ivermectin. There have been some crappy studies out there but hopefully some studies will be done properly. Unlike Plaquenil, this has been used in a bunch of poorer countries in the community (prophylaxis and treatment) with good results.

what do we think about the delta surge in the UK where all the models were completely wrong and the cases just dropped off within a couple weeks? Is this much different?

Well, UK does have a much higher vaccination rate than US. They also test much more than US. Also have a much higher percentage of population that changes social behavior like mask wearing in response to spikes. Unlike the US, UK doesn’t have multiple regions of the country w/ huge pockets of unvaccinated population. And, this is could be interesting.

I’m certainly not one of those COVID naturopaths or antivaxxer but I’m on call tonight and am listening to a very convincing podcast about the efficacy of Ivermectin. There have been some crappy studies out there but hopefully some studies will be done properly. Unlike Plaquenil, this has been used in a bunch of poorer countries in the community (prophylaxis and treatment) with good results.

smh

Again immunology 101–antibody levels is not an indicator of actual immunity. Memory T cells are all you need and you don’t need a ton To trigger a big response.

Can’t hurt IMO. You could also call our annual flu shot an annual booster if you wanted.

Bring on the boosters.