Express Scripts, CVS Rank in Worst Companies for Workers -

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BF7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Express Scripts has been named the worst company to work for in the United States, while CVS ranked 12th on the same list.

24/7 Wall St. compiled the rankings using data from career website Glassdoor, which gathers ratings on more than 400,000 companies globally.

The list identified the 12 US companies with the lowest employee ratings, ranging from 2.3 to 2.7 out of a possible 5 points. The average company rating on Glassdoor is 3.2.

With the worst average rating at 2.3, Express Scripts had 1100 employee reviews on Glassdoor, and the CEO approval rating was 28% among them, according to 24/7 Wall St.

Only 28% also said they would encourage a friend to work for the company.

The most common issues cited with Express Scripts were employees feeling overwhelmed or rushed at work. They also reported feeling afraid that they might lose their job - See more at: http://www.pharmacytimes.com/career...st-companies-for-workers#sthash.yjV3vw4i.dpuf

Members don't see this ad.

Cvs Caremark is working towards becoming EVERY pharmacists employer...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
CVS is one of the shadiest companies out there.

CVS is one of the shadiest companies out there.

The more I think about it the more true this statement becomes...

What's interesting is that CVS pharmacists are paid way more than the employees of other companies on this list (giving CVS what I would consider an inherent advantage in these rankings) yet CVS still manages to score worse.

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more true this statement becomes...

What's interesting is that CVS pharmacists are paid way more than the employees of other companies on this list (giving CVS what I would consider an inherent advantage in these rankings) yet CVS still manages to score worse.

I think the pay are all comparable...and varies depending on areas. I know that CVS offered me a lower rate in my area than Walgreens and Rite Aid. CVS techs are paid way less than Walgreen's.

I think the pay are all comparable...and varies depending on areas. I know that CVS offered me a lower rate in my area than Walgreens and Rite Aid. CVS techs are paid way less than Walgreen's.

Not in my area they're not. We hire at 12 with quick raises to 13.30 with all training and certifications completed

Not in my area they're not. We hire at 12 with quick raises to 13.30 with all training and certifications completed

I think SCIENCE was referring to the higher pay of CVS pharmacists compared to employees at other companies on the list of worst places to work (Sears, KMart, Forever 21, Dollar General, etc.), not other retail pharmacy chains.

I think SCIENCE was referring to the higher pay of CVS pharmacists compared to employees at other companies on the list of worst places to work (Sears, KMart, Forever 21, Dollar General, etc.), not other retail pharmacy chains.

Ah, thanks for the correction. My apologies then.

ES has such a high turnover rate...it's no wonder why.
However, I would love to work for them one day in the future, haha.