External Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Curandero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents,

As an incoming first year osteopathic medical student I'm trying to find some decent scholarships to apply to that aren't a scam. The problem with the interwebs is that there is so much information out there that frankly it's overwhelming and it's hard for me to determine what's legit.

Can anyone provide me with some scholarships that all first year osteopathic medical students can apply to? (I already went through my financial aid department for the institutional ones). Also, can you older grads tell me how to set myself up for great scholarships year 2 and beyond?

As usual, thank you for your time.

El Curandero

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ladies and gents,

As an incoming first year osteopathic medical student I'm trying to find some decent scholarships to apply to that aren't a scam. The problem with the interwebs is that there is so much information out there that frankly it's overwhelming and it's hard for me to determine what's legit.

Can anyone provide me with some scholarships that all first year osteopathic medical students can apply to? (I already went through my financial aid department for the institutional ones). Also, can you older grads tell me how to set myself up for great scholarships year 2 and beyond?

As usual, thank you for your time.

El Curandero
This isn't like undergrad where they give out scholarships like candy. Either A- you have ridiculous stats and the school hooks you up with a minute amount or B- you make a deal with the government. There really isn't anything else dude.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all and put yourself down as minority race. $$$

There are some scholarships and interest free loans out there from random organizations. I have applied for a bunch of them including some essay competitions. Most are very small amounts but a couple are hefty 5-15k ones.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app