This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecbprept4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I'm applying in a few months for my first time and need a little bit of help. I have had a completely full semester and worked full time for the past few years. Anyways because of this I have no extra curriculars except the fact that I will be a certified personal trainer soon. Can anyone help out with how to get more and change this? I also joined my majors club at school.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you worked full time, it definitely shows you can manage school and work at the same time, which is great. If you want to do extracurriculars, there are many ways to get involved on/off campus. You can join clubs, volunteer, sports team (even intramural sports), chorus, band, newspaper staff, etc. Anything you are passionate about and make sure to balance your extracurriculars with school.

I had no extracurriculars, but worked at least part-time all through my undergrad, and have been accepted into 3 programs and waitlisted at 3 others. Just make sure the important stuff (your GPA, essays, and observation hours) are really good and you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user