Extra info for paper applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdxOThopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am working on an application (for Pacific University) and have decided to do a paper version instead of filling it out online. The "other work and volunteer history" section is TINY and when I fill it out, it doesn't show at ALL how these jobs and volunteer experiences are an advantage to me as an OT applicant (which they definitely are)... Would it be appropriate to add a grad school resume with my paper application? I suppose that could fall under the "state any additional pertinent info" option, but I don't want to add a resume in to my packet and have the admissions committee look at it and feel like I haven't followed instructions because they don't ask for one... Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Why aren't you doing the online one if you don't mind me asking? I applied online and don't remember having that issue. Your best bet is to contact Pacific directly and ask of you can do that.

I just sent in my Pacific U paper application a little more than a week ago. I thought the space was small too but that maybe it was on purpose. I just put my best ones in the space and didn't include any additional info. Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the paper application in hopes that it would set me apart from the rest of the applicants. That way I got to put a personal touch to it that I otherwise would not have beagle to put as all online applications would be quite similar. The paper app says that the professional appearance will be taken into account with admission decisions too so I wanted to show them what I could do! OTdream how long ago did you apply? Have you heard anything back from them yet?

I didn't know they preferred paper :/ I've been in contact with Jon-Erik Larsen for all my questions so hopefully I'm not just another number but he kind of knows who I am? Yikes. I applied November 1st.

Actually I applied October 21st(just checked my email).

I don't know that they prefer paper either for all I know they prefer electronic. I just wanted to be able to personalize my application is why I chose to do paper. Keep me updated if you hear anything back from them as Pacific is my top choice! Thanks and good luck!

Mine was received by them in the mail on Nov 7th so hopefully we will hear back soon!

Good luck to you too! I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

I chose paper because I just kinda hated their online application! I started to fill it out but it was just a pain to work with. I know their website says specifically that they don't prefer paper over online, or vice versa.. So don't worry about that :)

I was thinking about asking Jon-Erik about adding in a resume, but wasn't sure if he could give me a truly unbiased answer.. I guess that's what he is there for, right?!

Are either of you from the area? Were you able to attend the open house earlier this week?

I chose paper because I just kinda hated their online application! I started to fill it out but it was just a pain to work with. I know their website says specifically that they don't prefer paper over online, or vice versa.. So don't worry about that :)

I was thinking about asking Jon-Erik about adding in a resume, but wasn't sure if he could give me a truly unbiased answer.. I guess that's what he is there for, right?!

Are either of you from the area? Were you able to attend the open house earlier this week?

Good to know about them not preferring one!! I couldn't go to the open house as I'm not from the area. Did you attend the open house? What other programs are you applying to?

I did go to the open house! It was good to meet people (Jon-Erik) face-to-face who I had been in touch with or had heard about (John White, the program director). There were so many people there, though, I'm not sure if they will really remember who I am, but I can only hope!

I'm only applying to three programs this year: Pacific, AT Still, and Midwestern (AZ)... I grew up here (Portland) though, so I'd love to stay in the area. Not to mention get free rent by living with my parents ;)

That's good you can live at home if you get in! Midwestern AZ- are they associated with Midwestern IL? Or do they just happen to have the same name?

I'm not from the area either. But I'm from the West and so there are less schools to choose from and Pacific is relatively close. I'm also applying to AT Still, Midwestern AZ, and Touro Nevada but Pacific is definitely my first choice! OTdream, Midwestern AZ is related to Midwester IL. They are sister schools.

I'm not from the area either. But I'm from the West and so there are less schools to choose from and Pacific is relatively close. I'm also applying to AT Still, Midwestern AZ, and Touro Nevada but Pacific is definitely my first choice! OTdream, Midwestern AZ is related to Midwester IL. They are sister schools.

Maybe I should check Midwestern AZ bc I didn't even know they were related...

I'm not sure that this is anything special, but I was excited to see that I got an email from Pacific today stating that they had received my application and all required items had been received. It says that any decisions regarding my application will be made via email! Here's hoping that I get an interview soon!

Hey everyone,
I just got invited to an interview at Pacific in February. Has anyone been invited to an interview or already had their interview? It looks like they have a writing component to the interview and I am interested to find out more about it if anyone has any additional information!
Thanks!