Eyesight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoneyBadger7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to serve as a doctor in the Army with nearsightedness LE : -6,0 D and RE: -5,0 D, or it's necessary to udergo vision correction surgery ?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to serve as a doctor in the Army with nearsightedness LE : -6,0 D and RE: -5,0 D, or it's necessary to udergo vision correction surgery ?
I can't recognize my wife at 10ft without glasses and I was accepted

Sounds good to me :D Thanks for response, I was thinking bout that vision surgery but more I know about possible complications, less I want to undergo that procedure

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm totally getting the surgery when money gets better
You can't get it through WRESP? I had PRK last year, cost me nothing through the Army. I just had to have my wife drive me to a different MEDDAC that actuallyhas the equipment (pre and follow-up done here).

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

You can't get it through WRESP? I had PRK last year, cost me nothing through the Army. I just had to have my wife drive me to a different MEDDAC that actuallyhas the equipment (pre and follow-up done here).

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Does guard qualify for that?

-8 Spherical equivalent is the standard, i believe in all services. that being said, it's waiverable.