Failed class and got accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBK2342

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of someone who failed a class/got a bad grade (below C), repeated it and got accepted into dental school?

If so, were they questioned about it in the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, although it was in my first degree, and had nothing to do with dentistry. Got a D+ first time, F second time. Followed it up with over 50 credits of 3.7+ bcp and 22 DAT while working full time, and got accepted everywhere I interviewed. I was asked about my bad grades (the one above wasn't the only one by a long shot), but was just honest with them about why it happened and how I've proven myself since. Hope this gives you some encouragement. Moving to dental forum.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a D in Orgo2. I never repeated it. Was asked about it in the interview, explained the circumstances behind the grade, pointed out my stellar grad school GPA, and moved on. Obviously got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
D in Gen Chem 1. Repeated it and got an A. I was asked about my first semester as a whole (I got a 2.25 that semester - C in Pre calc/trig, C in Econ).

I took fencing at a community college (yeah stupid, who does fencing), never showed up for the final and got an F in the class. Nobody ever asked.

F in chemistry but I starting sprinting after that. 6 acceptances.

As long as you don't have a string of Fs, you're fine. Its how you react afterwards that really matters.

I had a slew of rando bad grades during some trying times. I flunked either ochem or calc 2, nearly failed the other one, didn't redo the calc. No one asked me about it and here I am.