Failed crdts twice. Any Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjmalcolm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have successfully passed the ADEX last year and have been doing a gpr up north for almost a year. I have now set my sites on practicing in GA however they do not accept the ADEX exam and must pass the CRDTS. I taken the exam twice and was unsuccessful. Mainly because the examiners continue to hold my patient for hours on end which doesn't leave me with enough time to complete the exam. Has anyone else been struggling to pass the CRDTS exam. If so what did you have to do to be successful?

Members don't see this ad.

This BS infuriates me. You have obviously demonstrated competency by graduating dental school, passing national dental boards (written and clinical), and almost having finished a post grad residency. Yet the GA dental board is refusing to allow you to practice in their state...in short, denying you your constitutional right to pursue happiness. I truly feel your pain, and have no good answer for you. All I can offer is a generalized lament and wonder when are the little people going to rise up and demand this nonsense end?? How about a class action lawsuit?

At least having completed a 1 year GPR you will be eligible for a license in some states (NY,CA for sure, maybe CT...). There is a strong possibility that you maybe eligible for license by reciprocity in many other states after 5 years, although many of those applications ask specifically if you have ever failed a clinical license exam, so you CRDTS may come back to haunt you. Is there a CRDTS specific review course you can take? Best of luck to you!