Failed step 2ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medical Doc

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a non US IMG took my step 2ck exam in 2018 and failed in first attempt. Can you tell me what are my chances of getting residency in USA if I give a second attempt? and this was my first step I haven't taken other steps. Would be really grateful if you could give me your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Slim chances. Take step 1 and aim for >250 and retake ck. Why didn’t you take step 1 first?

Reactions: 1 user
Slim chances. Take step 1 and aim for >250 and retake ck. Why didn’t you take step 1 first?
I thought that may be I am good at Internal medicine so I should take step2 ck first, but I messed it up. What do you recommend that I should start with Step 1?

Hi guys,
I am a non US IMG took my step 2ck exam in 2018 and failed in first attempt. Can you tell me what are my chances of getting residency in USA if I give a second attempt? and this was my first step I haven't taken other steps. Would be really grateful if you could give me your opinions.
Prepare thouroughly for step 1. All Kaplan notesX2/3 or three and uworld x3, good Review of first aid1 until is in your brain proper. You will pass step 1 highly. Step 2, then get Uworld and Kaplan and Yale G. Got this done myself and Ck2 Was very simple. As you relax in between, make sure your English is up and typing speed for CS.English course can save you to pass first time. Typing aim 60words per minute. Start American English and typing practice early while preparing CK1.